What if Scar wasn't evil?

What if Scar wasn't evil?

Postby Adofo » February 21st, 2015, 1:29 am

This may seem like a weird topic but I want you all to tell me how the movie would have been different if Scar wasn't evil. I'm not talking about if he was the first born or anything. Everything about the books, the movies etc all still happened, but those things that made him turn evil, DIDN'T turn him evil? Because I mean, think about it. Basically his evilness is based all around sibling rivalry that he couldn't let go. That he was jealous of his older brother was to become King instead of him. But what if he never was jealous about it? I want to hear what you guys think would be different. Tell me your theories if Scar was never evil in the comments!

Here is my theory.
If he wasn't evil, I think the hyenas would find some other leader. I mean like, as Scar grew up with the hyenas for a bit, after a while, they saw him as their leader and that's what he became. But if he didn't hang around with them from not feeling like an outcast because of his brother, eventually, one of the hyenas would probably step up and be their leader. In my opinion, it'd be Shenzi. She's the leader of the trio, and she seems to just have the most common sense, at least that we've seen. And if she had a chance to better herself and become leader, she'd become leader of the hyenas. And since their is now no reason to let any of the lions live at all, because Scar basically made the rest of the pride work for him and the hyenas, then the hyenas would just try to kill everyone. So basically, my theory if Scar had never become evil, Shenzi would rule over the hyenas and instead of the hyenas ruling over the lions, they would just kill them all.
So what are your theories? Tell us below!
Last edited by Adofo on February 21st, 2015, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Re: What if Scar wasn't evil?

Postby Elton John » February 21st, 2015, 1:38 am

The hyenas aren't a huge threat to mufasa, while they have large numbers they needed scar for the plans and scar needed them for the dirty work because while he was cunning he was also very lazy.

So if scar worked with mufasa they hyenas would be like krillin trying to take on frieza.

They would be yamcha'd faster than you can say "cat loves food, yeah yeah yeah yeah"
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Adofo » February 21st, 2015, 1:41 am

Not if they got way more hyenas. With Scar taking out Mufasa, that gave them a chance to rule with no problem. But with no Scar, they'd probably know they needed more hyenas. So that's what they'd do. I mean, yeah, the Pridelanders, especially with Mufasa, are tough, but if they get enough hyenas, then not even the mighty Mufasa could beat them. and you have no idea how hard it was for me to say that Mufasa couldn't stand a chance against something. breaks my heart! But it's true
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Elton John » February 21st, 2015, 1:45 am

Where would they get those hyenas though?

They had an army and still needed scar.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Adofo » February 21st, 2015, 1:48 am

Africa's huge. You think all the hyenas would be in one place?
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Elton John » February 21st, 2015, 1:57 am

True.

however...

Where and how would they find those hyenas? They were already starving, they didn't have the resources to go many places. They would probably starve to death before they found them.

That does make me wonder where the hyenas went after the lion king 1.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Adofo » February 21st, 2015, 2:06 am

I'm sure that at least some of the hyenas came from a few other places, like they left their pack to join another, and they found Scar's band of hyenas. Also, if they left the go outside the pridelands, they could find food. The problem was they wanted to get food from the Pridelands. and near the end of the movie, it was clear that the Pridelands was drained of food, and like Sarabi said, if they moved onto somewhere else and left Priderock, they would find more food. so I mean if they sent out a few groups of hyenas to search for food and other groups to look for more hyenas, then they could get some food and get more members to take over the pridelands. Also, do you have any theories if Scar wasn't evil? Cuz that's what this thread was about. Not really explaining how my theory would work, but for others to post their ideas of what could have happened. Otherwise the thread will get locked for going off topic.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Elton John » February 21st, 2015, 2:17 am

If scar wasn't evil

1: simba wouldn't have went to the elephant graveyard. Scar manipulated him into going there and keeping it a secret.

2: mufasa would likely still be alive at the end of the movie, those hyenas needed the brainpower of scar. Numbers dont mean much when conventional battle tactics don't work. No reason for simba to go to the gorge if scar didn't want to kill him.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Remorazz » February 22nd, 2015, 9:59 am

If Scar wasn't evil, he wouldn't have harbored the jealousy he got as a kid, and by extension wouldn't have plotted against Mufasa. Simba, Mufasa and Scar would all live happily ever after.
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Postby Marizzle » February 22nd, 2015, 2:34 pm

Just like it was said above, if Scar wasn't evil, the jealously he had for Mufasa since their were cubs would be inexistent and he would have never tried to "get rid" of Mufasa and Simba.
I also believe that, maybe, if Mufasa hadn't died, Simba would have remained somewhat as ambitious and arrogant as he was as a cub, since it was Mufasa's death that changed who he was and made him "grow up". :huh10:
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Next

Return to The Lion King