Just who exactly is Nalas dad?

Just who exactly is Nalas dad?

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2015, 8:39 am

This is probably the biggest mystery of the franchise to me.

There are only two adult male lions in the pride, Mufasa and Scar.

Mufasa being her dad makes little sense, never does she refer to him in a way that would even imply him being her father.

Scar being her dad would make a certain already creepy deleted scene even creepier.

It's mostly just speculation if there were other male lions in the pride, that could have been her dad. Nala had a brother originally called Mheetu but he was scrapped from the movie. Did sarafina come from another pride?

Cub nala and simba referred to each other as best friends and not siblings. The whole Kovu being scars adopted son instead of being his son was because higher ups at disney were uncomfortable with the romantic leads in tlk2 being cousins. It makes me think that simba and nala can't be brother and sister because the people who wrote the story, while not being perfect never intended them to be that way.

That also makes me wonder, if kovu is scars adopted son then who was kovus dad?

To me this all just points to there being another pride not too far away which are allies with the lions on pride rock. They made an arrangement with mufasa for the betrothal of nala to simba. And in that arrangement sarafina and nala lived with them.

Nala stayed after learning of Simbas death, mostly speculation on my part but she never got over his 'death' and stayed in pride rock out of respect but Sarafina didn't due to not having the same amount of respect. Which explains why sarafina wasn't at the battle for pride rock.

It would also make sense as to how Kovu isn't scars son. He was originally from another pride, same with zira, nuka and vitani.

That would also explain why the four weren't seen at the battle for pride rock in the first movie. They lived in another pride, but every lion who sided with or was still loyal to scar was exiled from both prides and they all lived together.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Just who exactly is Nalas dad?

Postby Iberian » April 25th, 2015, 2:12 pm

------------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby NaiaRulez » April 25th, 2015, 3:10 pm

I don't think that Nala's dad were Mufasa or Scar, and least Mufasa.
Why? Because if Mufasa would been her father she and Simba would be half-siblings, and It'll be creepy if siblings get married (at least at my point of view)
Scar is more probably her 'father' but I'm not ok with it. When Nala grown up, Scar wanted to be her mate, so if Scar was her father that scene will be a sign of pedophilia.
I always thinked that Nala's dad was a rogue of another pride (discarting Ni because I ship them together lol XD), so Nala's dad is unknow according to TLK movies or books.
NaiaRulez

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2015, 2:03 am

Before I mention my Fan Theory, I want to point out, that while Mufasa and Scar are the only Males in the Pride Lands. There would have to be other Lions (and Prides for that matter) in Africa, even though we don't see them in The Lion King. I am absolutely convinced that Nala's dad is some other Lion that we have never seen.

My *FAN THEORY* is this (and I have posted this same FAN THEORY in other threads to a address a similar question) I Believe that Sarafina was The Queen of another Pride, I think Nala's Father was killed. Then when a rogue lion came to take over the pride, The pregnant Sarafina fled to The Pride Lands and joined Mufasa's Pride. Then when Nala was born, due to being of Royal Blood she was chosen to be betrothed to Simba. *End of FAN THEORY*
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » April 26th, 2015, 3:54 am

I don't think that Disney would have been big fans of having Mufasa or Scar be Nala's dad, due to the incest problems that would create. After all, they changed Kovu to being explicitly stated to not be Scar's son for that reason. So I don't think this is a likely case.

I am also disagree with a popular fan theory stating that Ni is her father either. As a good fanart showed it: he is far too young in Nala's Dare, where they meet, to be her father. It pointed out that for that to be the case, Sarafina would really need to be into young lions... Or as we might say, pedophilia (this wasn't in the fanart)...

So I like to think that a random unnamed lion was Nala's father. This is also a fairly popular fan theory, and I think because of the two above reasons, but it works. A very simple answer that answers a lot of questions, such as why he isn't in the movies. As for those who like to point out that in real life, male lions kill cubs which are not their own: the lions in The Lion King act 100% like those in real life since when?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Biomac » April 26th, 2015, 5:08 am

[quote="DGFone"]I don't think that Disney would have been big fans of having Mufasa or Scar be Nala's dad, due to the incest problems that would create. After all, they changed Kovu to being explicitly stated to not be Scar's son for that reason. So I don't think this is a likely case.

I am also disagree with a popular fan theory stating that Ni is her father either. As a good fanart showed it: he is far too young in Nala's Dare, where they meet, to be her father. It pointed out that for that to be the case, Sarafina would really need to be into young lions... Or as we might say, pedophilia (this wasn't in the fanart)...

So I like to think that a random unnamed lion was Nala's father. This is also a fairly popular fan theory, and I think because of the two above reasons, but it works. A very simple answer that answers a lot of questions, such as why he isn't in the movies. As for those who like to point out that in real life, male lions kill cubs which are not their own: the lions in The Lion King act 100% like those in real life since when?[/quote]
I might be mistaken but here's how I see things:
1- I see what you mean from Disney's point of view with the incest, but if we take it from a realistic point of view, incest doesn't bother animals (I think).

2- Lions grow much faster than human, so why not? Ni could be her father.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby DGFone » April 26th, 2015, 5:26 am

Biomac: To answer #2:

Because when Nala found Ni in Nala's dare, he was still very young. To sorta translate it into human years, how would you react to a 10-year old having a father who is at the same time, only around 20 years old? That is the kind of age difference that Ni and Sarafina have between them that I would highly doubt that he can be Nala's father.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2015, 7:30 am

[quote="Biomac"]1- I see what you mean from Disney's point of view with the incest, but if we take it from a realistic point of view, incest doesn't bother animals (I think).[/quote]

Truthfully animals have a natural aversion to Inbreeding, because it weakens the Bloodline and results in unhealthy offspring. Animals will resort to inbreeding if there is no other viable option, but in most cases they try to avoid it.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King