The Circle Of Life Vs He Lives In You (But not as you think)

The Circle Of Life Vs. He Lives In You

He Lives In You
50%
The Circle Of Life
No votes
Both are too good, can't decide
50%

Total votes : 2

The Circle Of Life Vs He Lives In You (But not as you think)

Postby Shawry111 » September 8th, 2015, 10:00 am

Hey guys! Me again. I know it seems unoriginal and it's probably be done before, but, I want you guys to only think of the song, not the intro sequence or anything. SONG ONLY! Think of it like this:

You're someone who has never even heard of The Lion King and some random guy came up to you and asked you to vote for which song you liked better. You listen to both songs and make a reasonable vote, and being someone who hasn't seen The Lion King one or two you make your decision as...

I would like to know why you voted that way. And if you wish you could elaborate by saying which overall Moive OST you liked better and why.

Song only guys, put yourself in the above situation and only think of that, MUSIC ONLY.

P.S I would cast my vote to He Lives In You but ya know, none of the other two can beat the intro to the first film. Because don't get me wrong, the intro(s) (animation and song combined) did not live up to the first film.

8-)

Edited the poll after listening to both for, and I think I want to change my vote because it has so much meaning, but so does my current vote. So I put in another option and I want to see how many of you change to the new poll. Have fun!
Last edited by Shawry111 on October 2nd, 2015, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Re: The Circle Of Life Vs He Lives In You (But not as you th

Postby Hatari05 » September 8th, 2015, 3:37 pm

What he lives in you there are multiple versions but going by just music, He lives in you man that is an incredible song it's my favorite Lion King song in the whole franchise just sounds so great. As for the two intros yeah the animation of Lion King's intro is something else though I always found the second intro more emotional what with Mufasa's presence and all Kiara's more active. Then again I'm probably not the best person to ask this as I am one of the few who actually likes the second movie more, kindly don't feed me to hyenas. Anyway back to the topic like I said He Lives In You especially the five minute version.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Tsuki » September 8th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Personally, I prefer the Circle of Life. The opening of the first film and the Broadway musical...Oh gosh it gives me goosebumps. I do like "He lives in you" in the musical but I don't find it as powerful as The Circle of Life. But that's my opinion :)
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby juhouh » September 8th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Hard choice. The Circle of Life wins by lyrics and meaning but I still like He Lives In You a bit more
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Sigurd » September 8th, 2015, 7:19 pm

I prefer Circle of Life. It is stronger and has more nostalgic value for me. He Lives In You is good though. Especially the musical version
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby DGFone » September 9th, 2015, 8:18 am

In terms of which song I listened to more, it will be He Lives in You. Sorry, Circle of Life, but I love the Rhythm of the Pride Lands album, and you're not on there.

In terms of which song I actually prefer and like more, I am really struggling to decide. I love both songs, and depending on the situation, I will like one over the other. Circle of Life has an Elton John version that is to die for.

On the other hand, Circle of Life also can burst ear drums if the volume settings aren't right...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbaPrescott » September 10th, 2015, 8:59 pm

It would still have to be Circle of Life. The lyrics are amazing, and the song feels so much more powerful to me. That's not to say that I don't like He Lives In You of course, but yeah.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby PrincessKiara » September 15th, 2015, 10:22 pm

I really like and enjoy both these songs, but Circle of Life gets my vote. Even if you look away from the animation sequence and the first Lion King movie overall, Circle of Life the song is just so grand and epic. It really makes me emotional, happy, and it sweeps me up and lifts my mood and spirit.

He Lives In You is also a beautiful song, but if I had not known the story of The Lion King, it would have felt religously themed to me, and therefore a little foreign and strange, I wouldn`t be able to connect to it.

So Circle of Life wins in my book.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Simbaholikov » September 17th, 2015, 1:38 am

I prefer the Circle of Life, feels more iconic to the TLK universe with the whole opening scene than He Lives In You does, but also because I much prefer the broadway version of He Lives In You over Simba's Pride's version. :)
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shawry111 » September 18th, 2015, 6:45 am

Thanks for the awesome responses guys, you all have valid points and I respect you guys and your opinions but I wasn't expecting such a large amount of votes towards The Circle Of Life. XD I see what you guys mean though. :P
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Return to The Lion King