Lion king movie be in signature edition line?

Lion king movie be in signature edition line?

Postby Lionkinglover26 » July 19th, 2016, 11:13 am

For the movie on blu ray. So we have had snow white and now beauty and the beast hopefully lion king will be next in line but we shall see. :)
Last edited by Lionkinglover26 on July 19th, 2016, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lionkinglover26

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Lion king be in signature edition line?

Postby Elton John » July 19th, 2016, 11:18 am

Probably for the 25th anniversary.

Btw you probably should have mentioned that this is for the movie on blu ray.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Captain Cupcake » July 19th, 2016, 12:29 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Probably for the 25th anniversary.[/quote]

I imagine it'll come around some time before the 25th anniversary.

There's a certain pattern to these various Disney re-releases (with any push-backs only done to the features that weren't as profitable as Disney had hoped during the previous set of special editions), and The Lion King was never far behind Snow White and Beauty and the Beast in these lines. Plus, with The Lion Guard catching the attention of kids lately, I don't think they'll wait too many years just to market the film under an anniversary date. I see it coming within a year or two.

I look forward to seeing it out. They'll probably fix the cloud error from the Diamond Edition and re-insert all the classic extras.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Lynx » January 29th, 2017, 2:50 am

[quote="Elton John"]Probably for the 25th anniversary.

Btw you probably should have mentioned that this is for the movie on blu ray.[/quote]
I suspect it will be released just before the live action version is released in theaters, similar to Beauty and the Beast; came to stores in October, in theaters in March.
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Lion king movie be in signature edition line?

Postby Elton John » January 29th, 2017, 11:18 am

Well, who knows when the remake is coming out. A generous estimate on my part would be 2019. 2.5-3 years of production/pre-production, just like the jungle book, beauty and the beast, mulan etc.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Return to The Lion King