Humans in The Lion King's universe

Humans in The Lion King's universe

Postby Carambulesco » January 1st, 2017, 3:18 pm

I introduce my theory about how humans could exist in The Lion King's universe. In other words, in which year or decade.
Actually, The Lion King can happen in any time of history, EXCEPT after the years that I introduce. I'm only trying to to fit humans on The Lion King's universe or at least prove that it is not a impossible thing to happen.

This map shows the european colonies in 1898. According to the Disney's wiki, the Pridelands is situaded on Tanzania, and we see that German Empire had Tanzania as your colonie at the time.

However, we don't see any trail of humans in all the franchise, which means that The Lion King can not happen after the 1870's, decade that the european neocolonialism has started.

"But what about the Maasai people?"
If this map is correct, we see that the Maasai people do not live in or near the Pridelands

"But where would the Pridelands be, anyway?"

Considering the episode of The Lion Guard, "The Lost Gorillas", the Pridelands could not be out of this circle, because the snowlands that appear in this episode are situaded on the Congo mountains, right below the hypothetical Pridelands's place, because it's seems that the trip to the mountain lands does not take much time. Otherwise, the Guard would take many days to arrive to the place, which does not seem to happen in the episode.
In addition, the jungle that simba arrives after fleeing of the Pridelands it could be the forest of Congo, West of the hypothetical Pridelands place..

So to make things more interesting, The Lion King and Simba's Pride could be happen, in my suggestion, in 1870 to 1875, just before the germans and british colonizers arrive to the Pridelands... eventually.
"And what would happen with humans in the Pridelands?"

It depends of your imagination.

War between Great Powers (like United Kingdom VS North Germany Confederation)?
Just an easter egg in a possible sequel?
Last edited by Carambulesco on January 31st, 2017, 4:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"There comes a certain time in life that you have to listen to your heart to take the path of happiness or satisfaction. I'm trying to find my destiny, and all I've found is adventure and Nature. But I'll keep looking for clearer answers.
The more I move away from humanity, the more human I feel."
:happyjasiri:
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nature is my home, with the Circle of Life

Telegram: @99999999fff
Pride Points: 2

Re: Humans in The Lion King's universe

Postby Carambulesco » January 1st, 2017, 4:12 pm

I want to make one thing clear. This is still a broken theory with some discrepancies. I would like to know your opinions, refutations, and other things about my theory.
And sorry for my amature english. I promise that I will improve it.
Last edited by Carambulesco on January 1st, 2017, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There comes a certain time in life that you have to listen to your heart to take the path of happiness or satisfaction. I'm trying to find my destiny, and all I've found is adventure and Nature. But I'll keep looking for clearer answers.
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Humans in The Lion King's universe - Unfinished theory

Postby Elton John » January 1st, 2017, 4:23 pm

FYI double posting until 24 hours after the first post is not allowed.

You are new so it's ok to make mistakes like this.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carambulesco » January 1st, 2017, 4:26 pm

[quote="Groot"]FYI double posting until 24 hours after the first post is not allowed.

You are new so it's ok to make mistakes like this.[/quote]

Sorry.
I didn't knew that.
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Postby Elton John » January 1st, 2017, 4:27 pm

Minor mistakes as a new poster are easily forgiven, so don't worry too much if you make a few.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carambulesco » January 1st, 2017, 4:39 pm

[quote="Groot"]Minor mistakes as a new poster are easily forgiven, so don't worry too much if you make a few.[/quote]

But I don't understood. Double posting? You mean post more than 1 thing before 24 hours?
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Postby Elton John » January 1st, 2017, 4:44 pm

Double posting is posting again before someone replies. If you cant wait 24 hours use the edit feature.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carambulesco » January 1st, 2017, 4:45 pm

[quote="Groot"]Double posting is posting again before someone replies. If you cant wait 24 hours use the edit feature.[/quote]

Oh. Ok.
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Postby TheLionPrince » January 1st, 2017, 7:02 pm

Disney Wikia is not really a reliable source unless the information is backed by a citation, but I can see why whoever wrote that reached that conclusion, which I will get into. Nevertheless, the filmmakers actually based the geography of the Pride Lands on Hell's Gate National Park located in Kenya during a research trip. Everything from the look of the Elephant Graveyard to the savanna grassland was adapted into the film. Even on the audio commentary, the directors and Don Hahn stated they wanted to include a caption, "Kenya, 2 years later", when the "Hakuna Matata" sequence transitions into Scar's kingdom, but decided not feeling it was too retro.

I believe the film is set within the borders of Kenya and Tanzania. Natural landmarks like Mount Kilimanjaro and Victoria Falls are seen in the opening moments of the film, although the latter is actually located in Zambia and Zimbabwe which is too long of a distance from the Kenya-Tanzania border. Kilimanjaro is mentioned again (although fantasized) in the "Upendi" sequence of Simba's Pride.

And yes, I do believe humans exist in The Lion King film universe, and even the characters themselves represent humans. However, there's no sign of human activity to pinpoint where in human history this film takes place, but the lack thereof could provide a plausible reason. In the end, it doesn't matter to me. The Lion King is itself a very human story.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carambulesco » January 1st, 2017, 8:31 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Disney Wikia is not really a reliable source unless the information is backed by a citation, but I can see why whoever wrote that reached that conclusion, which I will get into. Nevertheless, the filmmakers actually based the geography of the Pride Lands on Hell's Gate National Park located in Kenya during a research trip. Everything from the look of the Elephant Graveyard to the savanna grassland was adapted into the film. Even on the audio commentary, the directors and Don Hahn stated they wanted to include a caption, "Kenya, 2 years later", when the "Hakuna Matata" sequence transitions into Scar's kingdom, but decided not feeling it was too retro.

I believe the film is set within the borders of Kenya and Tanzania. Natural landmarks like Mount Kilimanjaro and Victoria Falls are seen in the opening moments of the film, although the latter is actually located in Zambia and Zimbabwe which is too long of a distance from the Kenya-Tanzania border. Kilimanjaro is mentioned again (although fantasized) in the "Upendi" sequence of Simba's Pride.

And yes, I do believe humans exist in The Lion King film universe, and even the characters themselves represent humans. However, there's no sign of human activity to pinpoint where in human history this film takes place, but the lack thereof could provide a plausible reason. In the end, it doesn't matter to me. The Lion King is itself a very human story.[/quote]

Greateful! It's really make sense about the landmarks.
But it have some discrepancies. The Maasai people simply doesn't exist in The Lion King's universe, then.
And the Guard really would walk so many miles to reach into the Congo mountains.
Again, The Lion Guard doing more script holes, because HOW BUNGA GOT TO BRING A GIANT SNOWBALL FOR 550 MILES WITHOUT MELT?!
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Next

Return to The Lion King