Humans in The Lion King's universe

Re: Humans in The Lion King's universe - Unfinished theory

Postby moonsugar33 » January 29th, 2017, 1:24 pm

I like the idea of the Maasai people existing in the TLK universe, even if they're never visited! A nice piece of something to think about.

Weren't there some horrendous Caucasian zookeepers or something in the Timon + Pumbaa cartoon?
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Elton John » January 29th, 2017, 1:27 pm

I really despise the idea of humans in the franchise.

I just view the earth in tlk as existing pre-humanity or where humans didn't exist period.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » January 30th, 2017, 6:28 am

There was a point during production where during the beginning of a scene, where they show Pride Rock, there would also be a caption saying "Kenya - Present Day". Well, not so sure about the present day part, but I do recall the Pride Lands being specifically being in Kenya.

Remember that a small group of the production team was sent to Serengeti National Park before production of the movie really took off. While the park is in Tanzania, Kenya is much more well known for "African wildlife", and the Serengeti is right on the border as well - so it would only make sense for the movie to be set in the same location as the research was done.

As for are there humans? The answer is not a "yes" or a "no". The answer is simply: they are not needed, so they don't show up.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Squeely » January 31st, 2017, 6:39 am

I've always kinda figured humans exist within the TLKverse. The hyenas making jokes like "make mine a cub sandwich" doesn't make much sense otherwise. I do, however, feel that The Timon and Pumbaa Show handled humans very poorly. Should any canon TLK thing attempt to tackle humans, I think it should be along the lines of the animation for Lebo M's "One By One".
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby moonsugar33 » January 31st, 2017, 8:26 am

One by One was exactly the thing I had in mind when I considered the topic. Good stuff.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby FireAndSun » January 31st, 2017, 8:56 am

I never thought about whether or not there were humans in The Lion King universe. It just never felt relevant. Personally, I'd prefer there to be no acknowledgement of humans or lack thereof. It's not necessary, and it just would add pointless plot elements.
FireAndSun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 25

Re: Humans in The Lion King's universe

Postby SimbasGuard » February 5th, 2017, 7:26 am

I guess humans could exist in The Lion King Universe, but the fact that there are no humans shown or mentioned thus far. Is a good thing, a human presence in The Pride Lands would be of no use to the story.

I suppose The Lion Guard could encounter a human, but I think giving The Lion Guard an enemy that they can not reason with, or have a chance of actually defeating would be a very bad idea.

Another post I read on another (now defunct I believe) forum made the point that introducing Humans into the Lion King franchise would make The Lion King very much like Kimba The White Lion.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » May 10th, 2017, 7:17 am

I don't know how canon you want to treat this, but there are clearly houses and cattle in some of Rafiki's cave drawings for this little segment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cinX1ciNFI
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » May 13th, 2017, 9:21 am

the animals are anthro, meaning they act like humans. having a majordomo as a king marks where they are in time.. otherwise we have rafiki who is like a shaman..those still exist. i see the lions as equivalent of humans in tlk. if there were humans it would conflict the talking animal monarchy thing.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby simbathehedgehog » May 17th, 2017, 11:09 pm

i have a fanfiction that i'm working on with people in the pride lands and there this man that falls in lvoe with zazu and sonic the hedgehog. it's really good, and i will post it when i'm done

so yes humans are in the pride lands
simbathehedgehog
way past cool

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: -5

Previous

Return to The Lion King