TLK lions vs. real lions

TLK lions vs. real lions

Postby Simba_Lion » June 27th, 2017, 9:15 pm

I don't know if anyone ever came up with this idea but I find it quite interesting.

TLK lions/world vs. real lions/African world, comparison of similarities and differences

Similarites
- TLK lions live in prides just like real lions, having a dominant male as the leader (or king)
- young males leave their prides to grow up as rogues and find a new pride as Simba did (though he was banished by Scar)
- TLK lions have realistic/semi-realistic colors (okay, it's an exaggeration, but Malka's colors or Sarabi's are not bad at all)
- real lions and hyenas are competitors in the wild, just like in TLK
- there are times when lions pride have to fight for their territory - just like in TLK 2
- young adult males fight to get their own pride just like Simba did (though it was his old one)

Differences
- lions are mostly active at night, though TLK lions sleep at night (just like humans)
- lions don't sleep in caves
- there is no "Lion King", all prides have their own territory, there is no royal pride - though in TLK we have one
- if there are two males in a pride being leaders, they are equal; in TLK Mufasa was the king, Scar was not
- there is no Lion Guard (just to make it clear, I don't hate TLG ;) )
- when a new male becomes leader, they kill the previous leader's cubs but Simba didn't kill Kovu (Zira said he was born before Simba banished them)

It's just a few but I guess there are more. What do you think guys? :D
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Re: TLK lions vs. real lions

Postby TheLionPrince » June 27th, 2017, 10:59 pm

One similarity is that the lionesses are in charge of hunting as mentioned in the first film. Male lions do regular assist in hunting, especially in taking down large prey. Male lions can grow a black mane, and the color of the mane indicates their strength and health. So, lions with black manes indicate that they are more nourished and powerful than those with light-colored manes. One study shows that 9 out of 10 lionesses prefer lions with dark manes. However, these natural facts don't apply to Scar since he states he is "at the shallow end of the gene pool" when it comes to brutal strength, and none of the lionesses in the pride are attracted to him. Realistically, Scar would be the leader of the pride.

One huge difference is that lions can not survive by eating insects. Another difference is that lionesses can give birth up to 2-3 or even 6 cubs in one litter yet Sarabi only gives birth to Simba and it's unknown if Nala gave birth to Kiara and Kion at the same time.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » June 27th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Real lions don't sing broadway showtines.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 28th, 2017, 5:22 am

with everything mentioned, here, Ill just add on, Lions claws are not black they are white.

this is the one that has been bothering me the most, when lions roar they dont open wide like in the films they kind open there mouths as to say ooooooo

Lion noses turn from pink to dark as they grow, they dont stay that color as like simbas
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby AnonLion » June 28th, 2017, 5:39 am

Difference: the dominant male will mate with all the lionesses, not just choose one out of the pride.
If this was the case in TLK that would make Simba and Nala siblings and Tiifu and Zuri Simba's daughters.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Simba_Lion » June 28th, 2017, 11:35 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Male lions can grow a black mane, and the color of the mane indicates their strength and health. So, lions with black manes indicate that they are more nourished and powerful than those with light-colored manes. One study shows that 9 out of 10 lionesses prefer lions with dark manes. However, these natural facts don't apply to Scar since he states he is "at the shallow end of the gene pool" when it comes to brutal strength, and none of the lionesses in the pride are attracted to him. Realistically, Scar would be the leader of the pride.[/quote]
Yeah, you got a point here. I like watching Kevin Richardon's documentary films and he once did a test with one of his lionesses using a stuffed black-maned male lion and the lioness immediately "fell in love with him". xD

[quote="Elton John"]Real lions don't sing broadway showtines.[/quote]
True and they don't speak human language.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]with everything mentioned, here, Ill just add on, Lions claws are not black they are white.
this is the one that has been bothering me the most, when lions roar they dont open wide like in the films they kind open there mouths as to say ooooooo
Lion noses turn from pink to dark as they grow, they dont stay that color as like simbas[/quote]
And lions twitch their ears, though TLK lions don't, except for Sarabi and Simba once

[quote="AnonLion"]Difference: the dominant male will mate with all the lionesses, not just choose one out of the pride.
If this was the case in TLK that would make Simba and Nala siblings and Tiifu and Zuri Simba's daughters.[/quote]
Yep, but we know that Nala's father was not Mufasa but an other male saved by the Lion Guard
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » June 29th, 2017, 8:58 am

In real life Lions do not have the right of accession to The Throne. In real life Pride Rulers are overthrown by a younger stronger male or coalition of males.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » July 1st, 2017, 8:58 am

[quote="Simba_Lion"]
- young males leave their prides to grow up as rogues and find a new pride as Simba did (though he was banished by Scar)
[/quote]
It's pretty vague as to whether this is an actual tradition in the TLKverse or whether it was just happenstance that caused it. We've seen no canon proof of anyone just up and booting their cub out once he was old enough, at least not without some ulterior motive as Zira had (and she kept Nuka). On the other hand, the lack of males does seem to imply this to be the case. Hard to say.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby simbathehedgehog » July 1st, 2017, 9:14 pm

both are hot
simbathehedgehog
way past cool

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: -5

Postby TheLionPrince » July 3rd, 2017, 9:53 pm

Two more differences are that:

Real lions don't purr. Simba and Nala were briefly heard purring at one another before the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".

Real lions don't have opposable thumbs as Simba and Kiara are seen having shortly after Zira fell to her death.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Next

Return to The Lion King