Scar and Mufasa aren't blood siblings? What.

Re: Scar and Mufasa aren't blood siblings? What.

Postby DGFone » August 17th, 2017, 9:56 pm

That's the other thing: this new "revelation" is about something discussed during production of the movie. The Lion King is no different than any other movie in this simple regard: before the final product is actually finished, ideas are created, discussed, modified, and finally, left in or thrown out entirely.

As it was already pointed out, Scar wasn't originally intended to be a member of the pride, but an outside rogue. That idea was quickly thrown out to make the story more personal by having the main villain be within the pride itself, and not outside of it. That being said, it's easy to see how this original idea could have lingered in the production team's minds, thus giving us this "Mufasa and Scar are not brothers" 23 years too late.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » August 18th, 2017, 5:09 am

[quote="DGFone"]it's easy to see how this original idea could have lingered in the production team's minds, thus giving us this "Mufasa and Scar are not brothers" 23 years too late.[/quote]

I think I get what you are saying and given how many films The Lion King's production crew has had to work on in the past 23 years it is uncomfortably plausible that a detail such as this could get confused to them. However I just think that for them to say something that so damages the emotional magnificence of the movie. As well as the character of Scar as a Villain in particular. Just seems like something they would not say, even with foggy memories. Assuming that that they and Disney did stand behind this new opinion. The only reason I can see for this is and once again I am speculating here is that this is the way the "Live Action" movie is going to go. If my theory is correct and they are gut punching the original to make the remake look better it is a crying shame. I doubt Disney would do that to one of their greatest and most loved movies. Therefore I think that it is far more likely that the reporter misunderstood what he/she was told.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » August 18th, 2017, 9:29 pm

Yeah, this changes nothing for me. Just gonna ignore this piece of "knowledge". They've been brothers for 23 years and now suddenly not? Pffft! Just sounds randomly made up out of nowhere. During all these years, I've heard the creators of the movie talk about the film VERY rarely anyway, so why would they suddenly come out of nowhere with this information? Stinks to me of having something to do with the upcoming live-action remake. I'm thinking that perhaps the live-action movie requires this to be a thing and so Disney has now asked the producers of the original movie to say this, so the theory fits the new movie and won't receive as much backlash.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby HasiraKali » August 18th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Rob Minkoff said this was fake news on his Twitter late last night/early this morning. So who knows. :lol:
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby SimbasGuard » August 19th, 2017, 2:17 am

[quote="HasiraKali"]Rob Minkoff said this was fake news on his Twitter late last night/early this morning. So who knows. :lol:[/quote]

The idea that Rob Minkoff would Tweet this sounds much more believable that what that article was claiming :thumbsup:

SimbasGuard

Postby PridelandsPhantom » September 3rd, 2017, 4:46 am

I read this and rolled my eyes :exasperated: They are literal blood brothers as established in the movie. Scar says "my big brother." If they weren't related Scar wouldn't have this exchange with Mufasa. Mufasa also says "Scar, brother help me!" :didntmeanto: Biological lions and anthro lions are nothing alike. The whole "Simba and Nala were siblings" thing is so bunk it's not even funny. Disney went to great (to me absurd) lengths in SP to make sure we knew Kiara and Kovu were not related and couldn't be first cousins. Why in the world would anyone think Disney would do incest :? This is silly to say just because they don't look alike they can't be brothers. Have you seen how different siblings from the same mom and dad can look? It's even more varied in mammals (different males can father kittens and puppies for instance).
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Squeely » September 8th, 2017, 1:46 am

Wut.

Okay, I should probably contribute more than just "wut". This is bunk. You can't just change canon like that lmao. If the remake makes them no longer brothers, so be it, it's canon to itself. But they're for sure brothers in the original.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » September 8th, 2017, 10:02 pm

[quote="Squeely"] If the remake makes them no longer brothers, so be it, it's canon to itself.[/quote]

I thought the remake might go in this route, but even if they want to separate themselves from the original movie (though I am in favor of that to an extant). I don't think removing the drama of Brotherly and overall family betrayal. As well as a large part of Scar's evil and villainous intensity in the process. Would serve the movie at all, how would they replace what was removed, and with what? I doubt the remake will take this direction. Even if Rob Minkoff had not debunked this story.

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion King