Rob Minkoff commenting on Honest Trailer

Rob Minkoff commenting on Honest Trailer

Postby TTB-Kun » August 29th, 2017, 12:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYKgStQxixs

So, this video brought up some new possible info on the canon of the Lion King Universe like Humans do not exists in the lion king world but more importantly, Scar's scar and consequently the nickname came both from Mufasa during play at young age, this is very intresting.
Of course we know 6na are not in any way canon, so bringing up any of that never had sense and now even less.
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Re: Rob Minkoff commenting on Honest Trailer

Postby Elton John » August 29th, 2017, 2:12 am

Rob got really nervous during the kimba part :lol: it seems that the plagarism accusations shocked him. Just about every interview with people who worked on the lion king mention the accusations being confusing and shocking them initially.

Rob also pretty much confirmed that Simba and Nala MEOW CHICKA CHICKA MEOW MEOWED during cyftlt. As to whether or not this created Kiara, or fluffy, or kion, the mgm lion or leomon...they uh certainly felt the love alright.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » August 29th, 2017, 4:26 pm

I'm going to watch that in its entirety this afternoon, but here's another video of Rob Minkoff and Don Hahn weighing in on Jon Favreau's photorealistic CGI remake. (And Don Hahn is hilariously misidentified as Roger Allers, :eyeroll: who has been noticeably absent for some reason when promoting the new release.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9GFvSWYGvU
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » August 30th, 2017, 7:08 am

[quote="Elton John"]Rob also pretty much confirmed that Simba and Nala MEOW CHICKA CHICKA MEOW MEOWED during cyftlt. As to whether or not this created Kiara, or fluffy, or kion, the mgm lion or leomon...they uh certainly felt the love alright.[/quote]

O.K. I have to reluctantly agree. Even though I had to change my original opinion of Can You Feel The Love tonight from: It was just Simba And Nala realizing that there friendship had developed into love. To include: O.K. Maybe it is possible that Simba And Nala did indeed feel the love. that night.
With Rob Minkoff saying what he that he said it makes it all but impossible for me to believe that we are not supposed to think that Simba And Nala did in fact feel the love that night.

I however hold true to my belief that Nala did not become pregnant until after Simba took back The Throne and Nala became his Queen.

Now, I don't like to talk about personal maters on public forums, but what I am about to recount happen on another public forum so I think it's O.K. to mention this here. That and given my new position on The Can You Feel The Love Tonight scene, I am now plagued with something of a guilty conscience. Anyhow back in the early 2000's I was on the now defunct Simba's Pride Lands forums (I was in my late 20's) A Fourm Member called Only-now said (and I paraphrase here) that he believed that Simba And Nala had (again I paraphrase) mated during Can You Feel The Love Tonight. Now if I remember correctly my response to him was "I never saw it that way" (At least I hope this was my response, I hope that in reality I was not more harsh). This touched off some (for lack of a better expression), strange looks and comments from other Forum members that may have been hurtful toward Only-now. While I do not hold myself responsible for anything anyone else said. The fact that I now have to admit that he (for all intent purposes), called it. As well as change my opinion to match his. I wish I could tell him that oh I'm sorry you were right. I just thought if I put that here it would make me feel better. :sad:

Anyhow I also liked the fact that Rob Minkoff flat out SHOT DOWN the rumor that Mufasa and Scar were not Brothers by blood.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on February 18th, 2018, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » August 31st, 2017, 6:52 pm

The two things I most enjoyed about this video were all the Zulu speakers in the comments pointing out that the film's music is sung mostly in Zulu, not Swahili, and the fact that Rob Minkoff actually does a pretty effortless James Earl Jones impression. (He actually does a way better job than Mufasa's current voice actor on The Lion Guard, to be honest.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Return to The Lion King