The betrothal and why Nala might have really left

The betrothal and why Nala might have really left

Postby FriendlyHyena » April 6th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Granted, this is just a theory, but it's plausible. When Zazu said that Nala was betrothed, he meant when she came of age. Likely Mufasa may have died before that happened or Simba would be of age too and so she'd marry him. However, if Simba was dead, maybe she was scheduled, via the betrothal law, to be made Scar's mate by the Pridelands law on what would be her 18th birthday, so she left right before that point.

It would also explain why she left alone, as she was technically planning to break the betrothal law. Otherwise, it would seem odd that she just went to get help by herself.

Perhaps Scar was planning to make Nala be his main bride, but when she went AWOL, he took Zira instead.

If this theory overall is true, then Simba and Nala might have just come of age around the time that they returned to the Pridelands.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: The betrothal and why Nala might have really left

Postby Elton John » April 6th, 2018, 11:55 pm

the movie reason why she left had nothing to do with her betrothal.

in a deleted scene scar wanted to make her his bride and to put it mildly, he sexually harassed her. that’s why she originally left. It is fairly obvious why this scene was cut for a G rated movie.

This was kept for the broadway show.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » April 9th, 2018, 2:29 am

I agree with Elton John. In one of the earlier versions of the film, that was the case, but since it was deleted, it no longer applies to the final film. In the film, Nala left the Pride Lands to find help for the ailing kingdom. Also, there's not enough context in the film to suggest that's how the betrothal law works. Lastly, I don't think Scar took Zira to be his bride or mate. Zira was just a devoted follower of Scar.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » April 9th, 2018, 2:46 am

One thing to add here is the reason Nala left alone, is because taking a contingent of Lionesses with her would have gotten Scar's attention. Also it would be easier for a lone Lioness to slip past The Hyenas than a group of them.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King