Was it just overhunting or was it genocide?

Re: Was it just overhunting or was it genocide?

Postby WildSimba » May 21st, 2018, 11:04 pm

I have no issue with a bit of a wild theory if it's backed up with some sort of pretty substantial evidence. I am very much a skeptic on a lot of things, it's just in my personality, I don't believe in things with no evidence. I come on a little strong sometimes, but that's not to deter anyone from enjoying what they enjoy. I'm not saying anything more than that I find this theory and some of the others you've posted recently as a bit far fetched. If you want to present me some better evidence I don't feel like I can refute, then I will openly submit to your theories being right. lol

Also as for refuting this theory a little further, genocide is a systemic way of killing off large or entire groups of people. As the film creators were going somewhat off of animal characteristics in the wild, genocide would not be a possible thing among the characters because animals don't have the sense of morality and right and wrong that humans do. So overhunting, maybe if you want to take it that far, but as far as I'm concerned on this it was nothing further than them continuing the "Circle of Life", which would be the constant flow of things being taken and given back to the earth. Animals hunt in order to survive, not because they want to go on killing sprees.

Also, I think the implication in the film is that the animals in the pride were starving to death because of resources due to scar and the hyenas stockpiling it for themselves. So it's more than likely those skulls and bones are lions that starved to death.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Elton John » May 21st, 2018, 11:39 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]

Also, I think the implication in the film is that the animals in the pride were starving to death because of resources due to scar and the hyenas stockpiling it for themselves. So it's more than likely those skulls and bones are lions that starved to death.[/quote]

i never really thought about it this way

there are less lions in the ending of the movie than there are in the beginning.

When you look at the den at the start of the movie there has to be like a dozen + lionesses in there

at the end of the movie when nala rallies them up, there’s half as many
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TLK_Kid » May 23rd, 2018, 10:11 pm

^ Why...does this...have to actually make so much sense o_o
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Previous

Return to The Lion King