Did Sarabi die between TLK and SP?

Did Sarabi die between TLK and SP?

Postby FriendlyHyena » April 4th, 2018, 6:38 am

She did look a little woebegone near the end of TLK though I believe she wasn't seriously hurt from being slapped by Scar, yet I don't think she reappeared in either SP or TLG. I know her VA died but wasn't sure if she was said to have as well or not.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Did Sarabi die between TLK and SP?

Postby TheLionPrince » April 4th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Technically, Simba's Pride picks up right where the first film left off, but it's unknown if Sarabi had died offscreen. The filmmakers probably decided not to include her because she would not have a substantial role in the film, and yes, probably out of respect for Madge Sinclair. I kind of wished they would include her in The Lion Guard, though.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » April 6th, 2018, 5:32 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Technically, Simba's Pride picks up right where the first film left off, but it's unknown if Sarabi had died offscreen. The filmmakers probably decided not to include her because she would not have a substantial role in the film, and yes, probably out of respect for Madge Sinclair. I kind of wished they would include her in The Lion Guard, though.[/quote]

I would like to think that Sarabi lived long enough to see the restoration of The Pride Lands and gotten to know her Grandcubs.

This is not proof in any way, but it is speculated that The Front Lioness in The Upper Left Corner (You will have to right click to view the image to see it proporly) might be Sarabi.

The scene is from an Episode of The Lion Guard called The Ukumbusho Tradition.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Sigurd » April 6th, 2018, 8:36 pm

If she was alive in the beginning, it is unlikely that she would have lived long enough until the end when Kovu and Kiara were adults. She was old at the end of the first film to there a big possibility that She didn’t survive the drought.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » April 7th, 2018, 9:10 am

[quote="Sigurd"]If she was alive in the beginning, it is unlikely that she would have lived long enough until the end when Kovu and Kiara were adults. She was old at the end of the first film to there a big possibility that She didn’t survive the drought.[/quote]

I agree that she may not have lived long enough to see Kovu and Kiara as adults, but the rains returned when Simba reclaimed The Throne. Sarabi was strong enough to fight in The Battle for Pride Rock and was looking on with Pride as Simba ascended to The Throne, it is not impossible to believe that she was in the cave with The other Lionesses when Kiara was presented.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PridelandsPhantom » April 8th, 2018, 2:55 am

I doubt Sarabi died during SP. I think it was more about her VA being gone and them wanting to focus more on Simba and Kiara. I think Sarabi is content with letting Nala fulfill her old duties as queen, and SImba could always use his mom's advice as could Kiara.

My theory is that Mufasa and Sarabi were older lions when they had SImba. Maybe they tried to have cubs before and couldn't or they died? It would explain a lot why Scar thought he was a shoe-in for the throne (he was the younger brother even if he looked older). Anyway, I think it as about focus and budget why she isn't mentioned, but neither was Nala too much. The lionesses kind of get shoved aside, sadly. :cry: :roll:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby dwaynetv14 » July 23rd, 2018, 1:33 pm

Somebody should ask Flip Kobler about this
dwaynetv14

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby TheLionPrince » September 12th, 2018, 12:44 am

[quote="dwaynetv14"]Somebody should ask Flip Kobler about this[/quote]

Well, I did and he replied back pretty fast that confirmed what we mostly already knew:

kobler.png
kobler.png (55.64 KiB) Viewed 8584 times
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » September 15th, 2018, 8:26 am

Wow! Thanks The Lion Prince. It still leaves the possibility for Sarabi to be alive. She was left out not left for dead.

SimbasGuard

Postby FriendlyHyena » December 10th, 2018, 3:47 am

I still can't see her being alive by the end of Simba's Pride. Though that also leaves open another question: what if Mufasa hadn't died in The Lion King?

Do the monarchs stay in office until their deaths, or do they abdicate ahead of time to their heir? If Mufasa hadn't died, would he have still been King during Lion King 2, or would have had stepped down, perhaps being quite old anyway, and let Simba rule?

That question also would bear in mind for a possible sequel, to see if Simba might abdicate to Kovu while he was still alive.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride