Timon & Pumbaa's Scenes...

Which Scenes Would Prefer Not to Be There?

It's a girl
14%
Let me define 'babysitting'
8%
Timon... what are you doing here?
14%
The Rhino Chase
6%
You were gonna watch her!
29%
When the going gets tough, the tough get going
29%

Total votes : 49

Re: Timon & Pumbaa's Scenes...

Postby Sushi » October 14th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Don't think i have much to add here that hasn't been said before.
For me they are put into the film because they "Have to be there", They where popular in the first so we have to have them in. Ive not got a problem with them being in but they don't fit where they have been put. As has been said, they add nothing to the story, they actually ruin some scenes and their air time could be much better spent on other things.
They are Simbas friends, they practically grew him up so of course they will be there but i do feel they have gone about putting them into the film in a completely wrong way.
"Its a girl"
I actually think this is their best insertion into the film.
Its like them to expect a boy and not even think it could be a girl, they want to re live their bringing up of Simba and get all excited about it.
"babysitting"
Cringeworthy to the next level. Pure "Lets insert them here"
To me it would work better if she had a lion friend or something with her. I think other cubs (because there must be some right?) are missing. I don't recall ever seeing any even just in the background. Also it goes on to a "we eat grubs" thing which is like, yea we know this already from the first film.
I think how even Kiara rolls her eyes at them and sneaks off says it all.
"What are you doing here"
yea. Again the idea of sending someone to follow and watch i get but you wouldn't send those two. They have proved incompetence time and time again so just why?
Also again has been said. If there is trouble they can't go get help quickly enough or even help themselves. Nuka and Vitani would light those fires wherever needed, Kiara doesn't need chasing off as she is off to hunt anyway.
"The rino chase"
This could have been handled better but it does actually fit. The comedy Swelling and colour change of timon's nose is, well i can't even go there. But between Kiara and Kovu it sets up the fun vs training conversation, they help out someone and then the chase scene would work. Just take it from "Hay maybe they could help" and add a one liner to explain the birds are in their spot. But i don't get why the rhino chase them either and the birds blowing raspberries, i would overlook that it if it wasn't for the rest of the cringe in there as well.
"you where going to watch her"
Ive no objections to this. Kiara is supposed to be in a cave and they are watching she doesn't run off. They find she has gone and have to explain it to Simba. Its not over dramatised like most of the rest of their involvement and its only a short scene anyway.
"when the going gets tough"
In TLK they play an important part as a distraction. Them fighting i do see as too far but I live with it.
Here in LK2 its even worse. They take on lions (not just as a distraction either) who are made out to be 4x as tough as a hyena and don't get a scratch on them. They have no place in that scene apart from running away but then why would they go just to run away. Pure character insertion "They have to be there just because the exist"

[quote="EdtheHyena"]Um...could I trade in one for something with the hyenas?

If not, I don't really see the point in removing any of these. It's bad enough as it is.[/quote]
Yes. I think the lack of any Hyena in LK2 is sad. I think they had such an important roll in the first film and to be honest i liked them more than Timon and Pumba (Though i did like them too).
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Re: Timon & Pumbaa's Scenes...

Postby Squeely » November 14th, 2016, 3:30 am

[quote="The Lionvengers"]The diehard fans love the lion characters while most non die hard fans love timon and pumbaa.[/quote]
I'm a diehard fan and I love Timon and Pumbaa. Admittedly I love a lot of the other characters more, but still. In the first film they're funny and handled perfectly.

It's just a shame sequel material didn't do them justice. The Timon and Pumbaa show was so out-there in terms of situations, abandoning any sense of a grounded feel. It's an enjoyable enough show, but there's definitely a disconnect there when none of it can be considered canon in the slightest. SP was the biggest disgrace to the duo. I love SP, but Timon and Pumbaa were written terribly in it. 1 1/2 brought them somewhat close to their former glory as their jokes were far better-written, but was the weakest film of the three in most other aspects. To be fair, comic relief characters are far more of a balancing act than their more serious counterparts, so it's not hard to see why they were mishandled.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride