Timon & Pumbaa's Scenes...

Which Scenes Would Prefer Not to Be There?

It's a girl
14%
Let me define 'babysitting'
8%
Timon... what are you doing here?
14%
The Rhino Chase
6%
You were gonna watch her!
29%
When the going gets tough, the tough get going
29%

Total votes : 49

Re: Timon & Pumbaa's Scenes...

Postby Squeely » December 9th, 2015, 11:23 am

Timon and Pumbaa are among my biggest gripes with SP. Them losing Kiara all the time just feels off; after all, the two did raise Simba. Their bickering feels off, since we never saw them bicker at all in TLK (I know friends do fight sometimes, but this was a bit much). And their overly-dramatic crying feels off as well, since they shared a fair amount of emotional scenes with Simba at the end of TLK and didn't turn into blubbering masses. And it really is a shame that their jokes are more miss than hit this time around.

I think the two should have been watching Kiara in the beginning, complete with the "babysitting" joke, because that one was pretty good. But Kiara escaping from them should have been handled better, so that T&P didn't look downright incompetent at cubsitting.

I also think T&P should have been used for the rhino scene, since it's pretty fun and comedic anyway. Assuming we cut out most of their other scenes, the rhino scene seems like it would give the two some spotlight without overstaying their welcome.

As to my vote, "When the going gets tough" easily takes it. The Outsiders are in the midst of a war. I don't care how bad Pumbaa's farts are, why would they run screaming from the threat of a fart?
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby zerodix » October 4th, 2016, 5:42 pm

i think they are overrated as well and overly used.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Tsuki » October 4th, 2016, 6:32 pm

All of them? :lol:.

Yeh I didnt see the point of them in SP if I'm honest. Wish they had gone back to the Jungle at the end of TLK. Or then only made one appearance during SP.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Rollo » October 13th, 2016, 3:48 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » October 13th, 2016, 5:22 pm

I know a lot of non diehard tlk fans that love timon and pumbaa. I once read that they have the most fanart from the franchise, probably because most tlk artists draw the canon lions not nearly as much as their fan characters.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Rollo » October 13th, 2016, 6:23 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Postby Elton John » October 13th, 2016, 6:43 pm

The diehard fans love the lion characters while most non die hard fans love timon and pumbaa.

Of course, there are exceptions.

There's a ton of tlk fancharacters on DA. Most of them are simba/nala clones.

Bronies and sonic fans have a ton of fancharacters but the tlk fandom isn't the punching bag of the internet. Most don't even know a tlk fandom exists, it feels like we're that low key and under the radar.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » October 13th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Rollo

Postby Elton John » October 13th, 2016, 8:35 pm

I havent seen much love for the third tlk, mostly because the direct to video disney stuff gets a lot of hate. From disney diehards to light fans. Most of the time for good reason as they are typically cheap cash ins on a beloved property.

The most liked disney dtv sequels are tlk2 and the aladdin ones.

But to be fair, tlk1.5 did not feel cheap. Probably the best animation and art quality in a disney dtv sequel. I'd probably give the movie an 8 if the soundtrack was on the same level as tlk2.

Outside of the fart jokes I like timon and pumbaa. Timon is a jerk with a heart of gold, and funny, I think pumbaa is smarter than people give him credit, and they are devoutly loyal friends of simba.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Rollo » October 14th, 2016, 10:37 am

Rollo

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride