What if Sarabi + Scar = Zira? The principles of Incest

What if Sarabi + Scar = Zira? The principles of Incest

Postby ScarLoyal » April 9th, 2014, 11:23 am

It does make a bit of sense. The pointy features and beard. The light brown fur and red eyes. It's a very popular theory and fills a lot of plot-holes such as, Nuka's origins, Outsider's origins, Outsider's banishment.
It would also be awkward for Sarabi to give little Zira baths since she thought her Simba was dead.. :hmm4:
But if Scar and Sarabi were Zira's parents. Why did she became the murderous lady she is in SP? Maybe Scar manipulated her to become like him. Promised her that she would be a Queen and when Simba came back, he 'killed' her dad and I think Zira LOVED her dad. :scarcastic: :wickedmother: But what if Scar never told her that she's his daughter and Nuka is the result of their inbreeding?! :evil4: But lets make it ten times WORSE!
What if the Outsiders were born as a result of Nuka and Zira!? (Which would explain Nuka's insanity) and Scar and Nala!? (By this I mean that Scar and Nala resulted in the other Outsider lionesses we see in SP.. and they also have Pridelander noses.. and also resulted in Vitani.) :disgust5: :horrifiedoutsiders: :horrifiedoutsiders2:
Also you have to consider the fact that Incest is a natural thing among Lion-Prides and the genetics actually make it possible. It depends if you believe Scar and Mufasa's mother Uru had Green or Red eyes and if Sarabi's parents had Red eyes. (Yeah I did a lot of research XD..) but since there has to be two carriers of the gene, then Sarabi most likely carries the 'red eye' gene and is able to pass it on to her children. E.g: Simba. And I get the weirdest ideas for TLK :embarrassed:
What do you think?
I know it's very DISTURBING.. *Gives vomit bags* but hey. It makes for an interesting theory AND I wanted to THINK really outside the box.. and I just had a brain-wave!
;)
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: What if Sarabi + Scar = Zira? The principles of Incest

Postby DGFone » April 9th, 2014, 7:37 pm

I really don't think that Zira is the daughter of Scar and Sarabi simply because, don't quote me on this, but I am quite sure that it is official that Zira is in fact older than Simba, not younger. Not only that, but she is in fact an entire generation older than Simba: making her much more likely to be a sibling to Sarabi than a daughter.

So while an interesting theory, I am going to pull the BS button on this one and disregard it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby ScarLoyal » April 10th, 2014, 2:36 am

Really? Well that makes sense and probably is more 'friendly' for TLK. :D It just came to me when I noticed the features of the characters and.. BOOM! a whacky theory! But I guess now it would just be too 'ridiculous' and 'bad taste' for Disney. Though I recall that there was incest in Bambi.. :?
But I hope I didn't seem too 'crazy' to people for posting this.. 8-) I just love speculating movies and games.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby DGFone » April 10th, 2014, 2:56 am

Nah, I don't think this topic is too "crazy". After all, most of us here probably know more about how real lions act than the average internet user, so we are used to the whole "Lion King = incest" argument due to how real lion prides operate.

Besides, I know that I for one, like to read about these wacky theories. Sure, like in this case, I will think they are wrong, but it doesn't make the read any less interesting.
8-)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Carl » April 10th, 2014, 5:24 pm

I've actually seen a fan comic that has Zira as the daughter of Scar and Naanda (Sarabi's sister) born before Simba by quite a bit, though not an entire generation. For my fan fiction, I'm actually making Zira be Scar's and Mufasa's younger half-sister.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby TheLionPrince » April 12th, 2014, 11:24 pm

The filmmakers of Simba's Pride tried very hard to remove any incestuous connection with the characters. It wouldn't make any sense if pretty much the Simba's Pride characters were all inter-related with each other.

I'm pretty sure that Zira is within the same generation of Simba and Nala, though slightly older than them. If Zira was in the same generation of Mufasa, Scar, and Sarabi, she has certainly passed her prime to give birth to three cubs, and surprisingly she is still around to see them as young adults.

I don't have much to debate against Sarabi and Scar being Zira's parents, but even for a brief scene, they don't seem to have any iota of a mutual relationship, and certainly not one that would come together and mate.

Nuka and Zira producing the Outsider lionesses does not make sense since Nuka is still pretty much a cub during Scar's reign where I suppose all this inbreeding is supposed to happen. Because of this, his body isn't mature enough to produce cubs. And I don't know if it's just me, but the Outsider lionesses during the movie seem (and look) older than Nuka. Also, Nuka's insanity was sort of explained in the movie; his body attracts termites and he is overzealous to please Zira.

Given the filmmakers eliminated the Scar-Nala love affair in the first movie, it wouldn't make sense if it still happened in the first movie. I find hard to believe Nala could produce so many cubs in a short amount of time. Also, it would be somewhat out of character for Nala to abandon her multiple daughters in the care of Zira.

And yes, incest is highly common in lion prides, but these characters act more like humans than natural lions do. Realistically, Simba would have consumed Timon and Pumbaa when he first arrived in the jungle, but that wouldn't make for a fun story, now would it?

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Though I recall that there was incest in Bambi.. :?[/quote]

In the original novel, it was implied that Faline is Bambi's cousin, but it was never mentioned in the movie.

While you are entitled to believe in any theories you desire, they don't seem to line up with the events in the movie, and what was established by the creators of each individual movie. And yeah, the theoretic possibilities are disgusting and way too far-fetched.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby MooLion » April 13th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Certainly not. Her design suggested to me she wouldn't have been that much younger than Scar. It's got me thinking, though, about how much more younger she might've been.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride