What's the Deal with the Lionesses Blocking Kiara?

Re: What's the Deal with the Lionesses Blocking Kiara?

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 19th, 2015, 12:28 am

[quote="ScarsLove"]I thought those two lionesses were just following some type of order given by Simba off screen to stop his daughter from going after a "traitor".[/quote]

Exactly! :wink:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Carl » January 19th, 2015, 12:33 am

^ I wasn't asking why they blocked her with this thread, guys. I was asking why they got out of her way.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » January 19th, 2015, 10:09 pm

[quote="Shadowfax"]I think they kinda backed off because they thought maybe Kiara had gotten the message 'Stay put' [/quote]
I agree,they must have thought that Kiara wouldn't try to pursue Kovu again after they blocked her the first time.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Lauren » January 26th, 2015, 1:23 am

I never really thought that this was a big deal. I simply got the impression that they were trying to prevent Kiara from pursuing Kovu since Simba forced him to leave the territory right away.

Everyone else has said it when it came to them backing off the second time: They probably couldn't do much else since Kiara couldn't go after Kovu.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PrincessKiara » March 13th, 2015, 9:27 pm

I have thought about this myself - I obviously understand WHY the lionesses are blocking Kiara, but I`ve always found it strange how she doesn`t try harder to get around them, and that they just let her pass like that..

After giving it some more thought, I`ve personally concluded with that it`s simply done for dramatic effect. This sequence wouldn`t have been the same if Kiara was simply being blocked by a single pair of lionesses. By having two pairs block her, it`s underlined how the pride doesn`t trust Kovu and wants to prevent Kiara from being with him. The lionesses (with the exeption of Nala) and all the animals are angry, acting as a unit to chase Kovu away.

No, Kiara doesn`t try very hard to force her way past the first pair of lionesses, but I think the reason they just let her slip through them is that there are more lionesses present that can block her path, effectivly stopping her in her tracks as she tries to get closer to Kovu. It`s symbolic and dramatic - Kiara is fighting against the will and common mind of the pride without making a physical fight out of it, she`s not swatting at the lionesses or even growling at them. Unlike every other person there (again, not Nala) Kiara is not showing aggression, just despair and distress.

The lionesses don`t appear to be in pain to me, just angry and distrustful. It couldn`t have been very difficult for them to block Kiara`s path, but like I stated earlier in the post, I think her slipping past them/them getting out of her way is simply done for dramatic effect.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby zerodix » July 11th, 2015, 9:58 am

since Kovu was exiled by Simba, who is the "boss" I think the lionesses block Kiara, because they see her as a naive teenager who is blindly in love, and they want to protect her against her "dangerous" decision to run after Kovu (Since that is, what I think, she wants to do in this scene)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Carl » July 11th, 2015, 5:29 pm

Yes, we all know why they blocked her. I've acknowledged that several times. ;)

This thread was about why did they let her pass after a moment? They just stood up out of her path. Which, was probably mostly for symbolism as PrincessKiara theorizes, but it always seemed strange to me. :lol:
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby KiovuLove » July 16th, 2015, 4:20 am

Honestly, I dont think she'd REALLY do this, but if you do something that traumatizes a teenager like that, they like to lash out sometimes. They could've thought that she would do some sort of harm, of course nothing SERIOUS, but they could've just wanted to make sure. And they could've just been easing up on her because they're paying attention to what's going on and not her
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Kiana » October 25th, 2015, 12:49 am

She wouldn't jump over them because she could accidently kick them, and I am pretty sure the edge was right there so that wasn't an option either. She was eager to get to him but not enough to hurt anyone, Kiara's not like that.

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby Squeely » December 9th, 2015, 9:24 pm

I got the sense that they were grimacing at Kiara because she was supportive of Kovu. Giving her the death glare, y'know? That's probably what was intended, at east. The animators probably didn't put a ton of thought or detail into it, because it's a quick background thing that the audience isn't meant to focus on much. They couldn't have known that the Internet would become the beast it is today, whereupon we over-analyze everything! :P
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride