Zira's loyalty to Scar Theories?

Re: Zira's loyalty to Scar Theories?

Postby Squeely » December 21st, 2015, 10:26 am

I, too, have always thought that Nuka was Scar's son. He looks exactly like a cross between Scar and Zira, and even shares Scar's "shallow" genes. I've always believed that Zira was Scar's mate, or at least the closest to Scar and highest-ranking, after Scar himself, in the pride.

As far as Vitani and Kovu, well, Zira would do anything for Scar. It's entirely possible that, upon seeing how much of a runt Nuka was, Scar sent Zira, or even most of his supporters, out to search for a rogue. Perhaps he promised that whomever mated with a strong lion and produced a strong cub would be queen, and the cub his heir. It would explain where his followers went during the battle between Scar and Simba. The other lionesses knew how badly Zira wanted to share the throne with Scar, and weren't all that gung-ho about mating with a rogue anyway. They went to provide Zira protection and support, but it was Zira who did the deed.

Considering The Lion Guard will have Kovu, Nuka, and Vitani in it, though, hopefully it'll answer some questions.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Carl » December 21st, 2015, 10:43 am

I hear the whole "Nuka is Scar's son but he was disowned cos he's a runt" theory a lot, and I don't buy it. Scar was scrawny himself and was shown to heavily favor brains over brawn. I really don't see him assuming Nuka wasn't good enough because of his size.

I doubt TLG will go too much into this. It's easier left obscured, from Disney's perspective, but we shall see.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » December 21st, 2015, 11:46 am

[quote="Killjoy Dixon"]I hear the whole "Nuka is Scar's son but he was disowned cos he's a runt" theory a lot, and I don't buy it.[/quote]
But then, why would Scar choose Kovu over Nuka? Nuka may not have been all that smart, but it's not like Scar would have had much opportunity to gauge Kovu's intelligence.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby Carl » December 21st, 2015, 12:07 pm

My response to that is how could Scar choose Kovu at all? Scar couldn't have still been alive when Kovu was born, Kovu's not enough older than Kiara for that to be possible. Zira's either making it up or she thinks Scar chose him because of a delusion. If Kovu were old enough to be chosen by Scar, he'd have been closer to Nuka's size when Kiara first met him.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » December 21st, 2015, 12:31 pm

^It's a plausible theory, but I can't help but feel as though the film's creators intended Kovu to truly have been chosen by Scar. TLG is probably our only shot at possibly getting answers. Which, maybe it will give us answers, maybe it won't.

Edit: The theory I presented earlier would clear up the age gap. Kovu would not have been born yet when Simba overthrew Scar, but since Scar had rejected Nuka and told Zira that if she gave birth to a strong cub it would be his heir, Zira remained true to Scar's wishes.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby SimbasGuard » January 2nd, 2016, 7:34 am

I also look forward to what we could learn of Nuka, Vitani and Kovu in the Lion Guard 8-)

I also have to believe that their appearance has to be for a bigger reason than just to prove that Lion King 2 has not been totally retconned out of existence. ;)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Troll Berserker » January 2nd, 2016, 6:34 pm

[quote="Elton John"]To be honest I don't know much about the characters outside of the first two movies. I just learned what a kopa was last year and that scars real name is taka.[/quote]
It's not official info though. SNA books were not made by Disney.

[quote="Squeely"]I, too, have always thought that Nuka was Scar's son. He looks exactly like a cross between Scar and Zira, and even shares Scar's "shallow" genes. I've always believed that Zira was Scar's mate, or at least the closest to Scar and highest-ranking, after Scar himself, in the pride.

As far as Vitani and Kovu, well, Zira would do anything for Scar. It's entirely possible that, upon seeing how much of a runt Nuka was, Scar sent Zira, or even most of his supporters, out to search for a rogue.[/quote]
Even though that I strongly believe that canonicaly Nuka was not Scar's son, i still like to have my own fan theory about it.

Warning, fan theory ahead. I'm not trying to stick to canon this time:
I also think that Nuka strongly resembles both Scar and Zira. I also believe that Scar never really loved Zira, but Zira was too madly in love with him to notice that. Seeing her loyalty, Scar deciced that she would bear his heir. But he didn't want a weak runt to be his heir so he get mad and disowned Nuka, telling Zira to never call Nuka his son. Also that's why Zira was so mean at Nuka all the time. He was her own son, so she decided to keep him, but Scar's word was more important so if he said that Nuka was trash, she threated him like trash.
I like the idea of Kovu being an orphan so when he was found and Scar saw how much the cub resembled him, he decided to give Zira another chance to raise him a strong succesor.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » January 3rd, 2016, 1:41 am

As I wrote somewhere, I believe none of Zira's cubs are Scar's, and that the reason why she's so loyal to him is because he allowed her small, wandering pride to stay in the Pridelands and promised to adopt her youngest and make him his heir. He basically only showed her his best face, isolating her from other lionesses and manipulating her into later thinking that Simba is evil and a murderer. Zira probably doesn't know too much about the crap Scar did, or if she does, she knows his version of the story.
When she was due to deliver her cubs, Scar sent her away to someplace safe, and told her pride to tag along to make sure nothing goes wrong, 'cause he was paranoid. When she came back, Scar was dead and Simba was the new king, leading her to piece things together the wrong way. Sha attacked Simba and he exiled her, her cubs being too young for separation.
So who's the real dad? In my headcanon, Zira's previous mate, who died or something.
Why does Nuka look like Scar? Well, since Kovu looks like Scar, and Vitani resembles Zira, the trio's dad might have looked somewhat similar to Scar.
Why didn't Scar even try to make his own heir? The lionesses from Mufasa's pride didn't like him and he didn't thrust them. By the time Zira came, he was either too old or simply didn't care.
Plus, I believe that, even if Scar didn't like Nuka, disownation would have been a bit too rough, even for him, especially since we are talking about a Disney movie.

But why Kovu and not Nuka? Well, even if in your theory Scar was Nuka's dad, my answer is the same. Scar had more intalligence then brute force, but does Nuka have either? From what we've seen of him, he isn't the brightest lion around, and it's his own stupidity and lack of planning that got him killed in the end. The chances of Simba accidentaly pushing one of the logs down towards Nuka was high on its own, but what did Nuka even want to do when he caught Simba? Have both of them roll down. The situation was quite risky and Scar wouldn't have put himself in it, in my opinion. Plus, Nuka had a lot of time alone with Kovu, so there were many things he could have done to get rid of him, even in a Disney movie. And it was also proven that if he was the chosen one, he would have blown the plan up by offing Kiara instead of Simba.
Sure, Scar could have taught Nuka to be smarter, but maybe, he just deemed him a lost case, which sounds a lot like Scar tbh. It was easier for him to start from scratch with Kovu, who just might turn out to be stronger physically too.
Also, the reason why Kovu was chosen over his older brother might even be more personal. Maybe Scar wanted to ridicule the traditional first-born rule that denied him the throne in the first place.
And as far as my theory goes, Scar, along with previously stated things, also wanted to be a full father figure to his new heir, while Nuka still remambered their real dad.

This all is, at the end, just how I see things. My personal head-canon a nothing more.
8-) ;) :D
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride