Simba and Zira similarities

Re: Simba and Zira similarities

Postby SimbasGuard » October 19th, 2015, 9:02 pm

Very True, but I know of some other dark G rated movies like The Last Unicorn and The Secret of NIMH. I also felt Tangled PG ratting was harsh, Especially given what it avoided from the original story.

It is a very good Idea to check the source material of an idea you are working off of. Very smart tactic on your part.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Hatari05 » October 20th, 2015, 12:12 am

Well the Lion King is very well regarded and I think fans would be pretty ticked off if I counteracted anything from it. In Fall we do however revisit a few scenes from the first they unravel the same way but there's a twist to it it doesn't counteract anything but it will result in you and likely others looking at those scenes differently due to the different perspective of the scene that we see.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » October 20th, 2015, 8:43 am

It is good to look at things from different angles. It sounds like you have some very good ideas.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hatari05 » October 20th, 2015, 9:24 am

We'll I hope they are I have had a few people read them there response was pretty positive though I haven't got any comments on here is that just common for the fanfiction forum here I notice there's not a lot of feedback from others there is that just common in that forum?
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » October 20th, 2015, 9:27 am

Tangled was PG because the G rating is essentially dead in America.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » October 20th, 2015, 11:29 pm

[quote="Hatari05"]We'll I hope they are I have had a few people read them there response was pretty positive though I haven't got any comments on here is that just common for the fanfiction forum here I notice there's not a lot of feedback from others there is that just common in that forum?[/quote]

I don't frequent The Fan Fiction section that often so I don't. Sorry about that.

[quote="Elton John"]Tangled was PG because the G rating is essentially dead in America.[/quote]

Well that justifies the mild sense of shock I felt the last time I heard of a movie getting a G rating.

SimbasGuard

Postby Hatari05 » October 21st, 2015, 5:03 am

That's alright I was more asking myself that question than anyone though if I do post all of them which I'm uncertain if I will but if I do you've got a long story ahead of you I put all of them together and it averaged about three hundred thousand words and over thousand pages long I've been quite busy.

I don't think the G rating even exists anymore at least I can't think of any that come to mind.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » October 21st, 2015, 8:44 am

Wow! you must be a very good story teller. I don't know when I'll get to your stories, but I will give them a read.

SimbasGuard

Postby Hatari05 » October 22nd, 2015, 2:30 am

I guess I'll let you be the judge of that I think I am but let's see what others think.

For now I'm going to somewhat get back to the original topic though this would also work in a Lion King 1 topic.

Anyway I noticed something Zira is similar to adult Simba however Scar could be considered a very dark mirror of cub Simba. Arrogant believes he can do whatever he wants, boasts and brags about his title even uses trickery to an extent Simba used trickery to get rid of Zazu for example. Both for all their arrogance are not as tough as they think and both just want to be king for the power and what they could do with it. Scar was pretty much a selfish spoiled and murderous child.

Scar is pretty much Simba if he didn't mature but a lot worse. This next comparison is kind of disturbing when you think about it I just can't wait to be King and Be Prepared are actually very similar songs. Both are about how the one singing can't wait to be king and rule the kingdom, both pretty much involve the one singing it bragging and boasting about themselves arrogantly. Both Simba and Scar talk about how great and awesome they are and how everyone is going to see it and finally both talk about how they'll be free to do whatever they want and everyone has to listen. The most twisted comparison is that both songs involve Mufasa's death and being succeeded Simba doesn't even realize he is saying I can't wait for dad to die he is that blinded by his joy at becoming king.

That's kind of messed up the fun bouncy and colorful song is pretty much about the same thing as the brutal murderous villain song, that's twisted but I feel it is definitely the best example of cub and Scar's similarities they had very similar personalities the only difference is Scar already crossed the line, however think about this imagine Simba had the same personality but now he has a sibling who is going to be king instead how would he take it really puts his cub self in a kind of disturbing light.

The similarities to me aren't as clear as Zira but they are still definitely there and I find it kind of interesting that both villains reflect Simba at a certain point in his life.
Hatari05

Postby SimbasGuard » October 22nd, 2015, 2:45 am

Once again excellent point. I never gave any thought to the similarities of Simba and Scar.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride