Where Vitani and Kovu really Zira's cubs ???

Where Vitani and Kovu really Zira's cubs ???

Postby _Lioness_ » June 30th, 2016, 3:21 am

:hackingcough:
Here is a question, was Vitani really Zira's cub ???
Well, i really don't know. Most people say she had Kovu and Vitani from another mate. Some say she adopted them. Some say Vitani and Nuka where REAL brother and sister, and that Kovu was from Zira's other mate. or just adopted. And some people even said that Vitani was NALA'S cub. :(

Theory 1. Kovu and Vitani from Zira's other mate

In my own opinion, i am pretty sure this is true, 8-) Vitani does have a very light coat, thought scar and zira are pretty dark. I really don't know for sure. Vitani did care alot for Kovu, as you can see in 'Simba's Pride' she did make sure Nuka didn't wake Kovu up, and she also agreed with Kiara and Kovu to stop the war between the 2 prides. Does this mean Kovu and Vitani where REAL brother and Sister? Or was Nuka just diffrent ? :evil: Image

Theory 2. Vitani and Kovu adopted

I'm pretty sure we all know Zira is the 'bad guy' in Lion king 2 and she could be cruel enough to steal other cubs of lionesses. But wouldn't that be too harsh :? ???!? Even for Zira, i am pretty sure she did care for Nuka, and she did know how it felt to have her own cub. But what if she FOUND Vitani and Kovu, that sounds better than stealing cubs. :lol:

Theory 3. Could Kovu be the only one different ?
And where Nuka and Vitani REAL brother and Sister ?
As in this picture, it shows another theory, here, Kovu's parents had died, and Scar is caring for Kovu. :oops:

Theory 4. Vitani was NALA'S cub

Yes, crazy i know, but this is only a theory, and this can be PROVED. We all know in 'Simba's Pride' that Simba didn't like the outsiders, and anybody that looked like an outsider. BUT Scar WAS his uncle, and he looked like an outsider ! So when he got Vitani, she must have looked alot like an outsider, and had blue eyes like Nala's . Maby Simba exiled his own cub to zira ? But this is a little harsh ! I, in my own opinion don't think its true ! But look at that 2nd picture of Nala and Vitani, remember in 'Simba's Pride' when Vitani said, 'Where is your pretty daughter now Nala ?' Maby she was talking about herself, we won't know... :cry: :roll:

What do you guys think ? :P :D
Last edited by _Lioness_ on July 2nd, 2016, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Lioness_
Keep calm

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And love the Lion king

Nickname(s): Lia
Pride Points: 3

Re: Was Vitani and Kovu really Zira's cubs ???

Postby Chavratheserval » June 30th, 2016, 3:46 am

I like to think she was adopted. I mean that makes the most sense to me.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby TheLionPrince » July 1st, 2016, 6:25 am

Vitani is Zira's biological daughter, plain and simple. There's no need to overcomplicate things. Vitani being (Simba and) Nala's daughter always made no sense to me. The two hated Zira and would never leave their daughter to Zira's care. And I like to think Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu all shared the same father.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby _Lioness_ » July 2nd, 2016, 12:51 am

Ah yes, that makes sense !!! :D :lol:
_Lioness_
Keep calm

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And love the Lion king

Nickname(s): Lia
Pride Points: 3

Postby Carl » July 6th, 2016, 5:27 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Vitani is Zira's biological daughter, plain and simple. There's no need to overcomplicate things. Vitani being (Simba and) Nala's daughter always made no sense to me. The two hated Zira and would never leave their daughter to Zira's care. And I like to think Nuka, Vitani, and Kovu all shared the same father.[/quote]
I agree with this wholeheartedly. We're given no reason to assume Vitani isn't Zira's biological offspring.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: Where Vitani and Kovu really Zira's cubs ???

Postby Troll Berserker » July 9th, 2016, 9:18 am

If you would just stop posting around random fanart without permission and even credits, that would be great...

Also
Vitani - violet eyes
Nala - blue eyes
Scar - gren eyes

Since when violety, blue and green is the same colour? Also I'm tired of this theory around Vitani's line to Nala. I think she was just making fun of Kiara abandoning her beloved familly.

And yea I get that ScarXNala is everyone's favourite pairing, but it simply didn't happen. The day Scar started making moves towards Nala was the same day Nala ran away. No love, no kids.

The theory of Vitani and Kovu being born to different male doesn't make much sense to me. There were strong hints that Scar knew Kovu personaly and both Kovu and Vitani look around the same age (Vitani even seems a bit older to me), so if they were to be fathered by an unknown male, it must have happened during Scar's regin.
Last edited by Troll Berserker on July 10th, 2016, 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Tsuki » July 9th, 2016, 9:23 pm

I've always liked the idea that Vitani is actually Nala and Scar's cub that Nala gave to Zira to look after before she went off to find help. I also like the theory that Zira and Nala were once good friends but while Nala was off finding help, Zira had given up on her ever returning and so started to look up to Scar as a leader and thus was easilly influenced. Then, once Simba had returned to the throne, Zira adopted Vitani and turned her against Nala and Simba. Nala couldn't bring herself to tell Simba what Scar had done to her and Vitani may have been seen as a constant reminder of what happened and so she never thought to get her back. That or Zira blackmailed Nala into telling Simba the truth about Vitani if she took her away.

Well that's my fan theory :lol:. But I think it's more than likely that Vitani is Zira's ;)
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Squeely » July 26th, 2016, 5:39 am

It's tough to say, really, since we learn next to nothing about Zira's past in SP. We know Scar "just took [Kovu] in", but don't know if the case is the same for Vitani. We don't know if Zira is truly the mother of her three cubs, or if she adopted them. But, since they all refer to her as "mother", I think it's most likely that they are related to her by blood. Occam's Razor.

Edit: It's probably also noteworthy that Kovu denies Scar being his father, but does not deny Zira being his mother. Both his talk with Kiara, shortly before "Upendi", and his talk Zira after Nuka died, would have been places where it would have made sense for Kovu to do so, but he didn't.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Troll Berserker » July 28th, 2016, 8:14 am

[quote="Squeely"]Edit: It's probably also noteworthy that Kovu denies Scar being his father, but does not deny Zira being his mother. Both his talk with Kiara, shortly before "Upendi", and his talk Zira after Nuka died, would have been places where it would have made sense for Kovu to do so, but he didn't.[/quote]
Hm, remember that Kovu was constantly reminded that scar is not his father, but for Zira he couldn't have known better. That makes me think if he ever asked Zira about his real father then. Could've been interesting xD
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby PrincessKiara » August 3rd, 2016, 6:04 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Vitani is Zira's biological daughter, plain and simple. There's no need to overcomplicate things.[/quote]

I agree. When a Disney character is raised by someone who isn`t their relative or biological parent, this is made clear at some point, such as we know that Mother Gothel is not Rapunzels real mother, or how we`re shown that Hercules has two sets of parents, his godparents on Mount Olympos and his human parents on earth, etc. I think it`s the same with Zira and her cubs, we have no reason to think she is not their real mother.

I know there are different fan theories about this, and I don`t know where the idea that Vitani is (Simba and) Nala`s daughter comes from - because she has golden fur (that changes to brown as an adult) and blue eyes? Nala`s eyes are supposed to be green, not blue anyway.

My own fan theory is that Nuka is Scar`s son, but Kovu and Vitani share a father, possibly a rogue. If Nuka was actually sired by Scar, it gives him even more motivation to hate Kovu for being picked as future leader/king.

But like I said, the only things that are stated clearly in the film is that Nuka, Vitani and Kovu all have the same mother. Who their father(s) is/are is not relevant to the story, we just know Scar was not Kovus father, and since he and Vitani appear to be the same age (littermates) we can assume they share a father. Nuka may have a different father - but as this is not important to the plot/storyline, no information about it is given.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride