Who would have won? Kovu or Simba?

Who would have won? Kovu or Simba?

Postby Simba_Lion » January 3rd, 2017, 8:22 pm

If there had been a fight between Kovu & Simba, who would have won? What do you think?
Kovu has the experience advantage, Simba has the size advantage.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Re: Who would have won? Kovu or Simba?

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2017, 9:39 pm

Kovu has experience? Nah, from what we have seen he has never been in a life or death fight before with a adult male lion. When Simba fought Scar things got real, the very definition of life or death.

I think it could go either way. Both were big and strong, and kovu looked well nourished, probably the only outland lion who got good amounts of food and water.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionScar » January 3rd, 2017, 10:09 pm

Experience is nah? What was Zira's training all about then?
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Carambulesco » January 3rd, 2017, 10:13 pm

Kovu would not have much chance against Simba.
That's why Kovu planned to make a surprise attack in Simba from behind.
"There comes a certain time in life that you have to listen to your heart to take the path of happiness or satisfaction. I'm trying to find my destiny, and all I've found is adventure and Nature. But I'll keep looking for clearer answers.
The more I move away from humanity, the more human I feel."
:happyjasiri:
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Nature is my home, with the Circle of Life

Telegram: @99999999fff
Pride Points: 2

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2017, 10:24 pm

[quote="KionScar"]Experience is nah? What was Zira's training all about then?[/quote]

Training is not the same as a real life or death fight.

How else can I put this? Ever play metal gear solid on the ps1? Meryl had a ton of training but was still green when it came to real fights where lives were on the line, and when she aimed her gun at snake it was obvious she lacked any real experience. Snake was the experienced one.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KionScar » January 3rd, 2017, 10:35 pm

[quote="Groot"][quote="KionScar"]Experience is nah? What was Zira's training all about then?[/quote]

Training is not the same as a real life or death fight.

How else can I put this? Ever play metal gear solid on the ps1? Meryl had a ton of training but was still green when it came to real fights where lives were on the line, and when she aimed her gun at snake it was obvious she lacked any real experience. Snake was the experienced one.[/quote]

Nope, sorry. And I think this question could have been better specified.

Let's assume it is not a Death fight, but a fight for the title and position of King of The Pridelands.

[quote="Carambulesco"]Kovu would not have much chance against Simba.
That's why Kovu planned to make a surprise attack in Simba from behind.[/quote]

If you're referring to the when he's accepted scene, he didn't. If you're referring to later at Pride Rock when he had his chance again, he didn't. If you're referring to the Ambush scene, Kovu was going at one lioness trying to sneak up on Simba when Vitani kicked him causing him to hit his head on a rock.

For Size comparison.
KionScar

Pride Points: 10

Postby Elton John » January 3rd, 2017, 11:35 pm

A fight for the title of king would be life or death, it makes me wonder if Simba would have straight up killed Scar....He showed mercy on Scar once, it was a bad idea, he wouldn't make the same mistake again. I doubt he'd show mercy on kovu in a straight up fight for the title of king.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Carambulesco » January 4th, 2017, 12:21 am

[quote="Carambulesco"]Kovu would not have much chance against Simba.
That's why Kovu planned to make a surprise attack in Simba from behind.[/quote]

[quote]If you're referring to the when he's accepted scene, he didn't. If you're referring to later at Pride Rock when he had his chance again, he didn't. If you're referring to the Ambush scene, Kovu was going at one lioness trying to sneak up on Simba when Vitani kicked him causing him to hit his head on a rock.

For Size comparison.[/quote]

The first time that Kovu had a chance to kill Simba, he didn't, because Kiara ""stopped"" him.
Last edited by Carambulesco on January 4th, 2017, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There comes a certain time in life that you have to listen to your heart to take the path of happiness or satisfaction. I'm trying to find my destiny, and all I've found is adventure and Nature. But I'll keep looking for clearer answers.
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Postby TheLionPrince » January 4th, 2017, 12:40 am

Simba would have won hands down. Like Carambulesco noted, Kovu needed to do an ambush sneak attack in order to have an early advantage.

Looking at the pictures for sizes comparisons:
lion-king2-disneyscreencaps_com-6187.jpg
Right side view

lion-king2-disneyscreencaps_com-6203.jpg
Front side view

Size: Simba has the weight and built of a well-grown, mature adult lion thanks to a heavy diet of zebras, antelopes, gazelles, and other herbivores. Kovu is roughly half of his size. He appears more lean. Simba is more bulkier. Director Darrell Rooney did state in the Proud of Simba's Pride making-of documentary that Kovu was a "teenaged killer". So, if older Kovu is a teenager, that means he isn't hit the prime of his strength. His mane is not nearly as thick as Simba's as it stops short past his chest. Simba's mane clearly extends to his underbelly. The reason why lions have manes is for neck protection during a fight with another lion.

Age: Kovu has youth going for him. He probably has higher levels of energy and speed. On the other hand, Simba is more older and probably carries more endurance in a fight.

Training: It's never seen or discussed what was Kovu's training. We can infer that Kovu's swimming abilities such as dragging an unconscious Kiara was probably one of them. We do know Mufasa has taught Simba on how to pounce, but nothing else.

Experience: Simba has had experience in a fight with Scar, which was a fight-to-death battle that he nearly lost if not for his adapted use of Nala's flip maneuver. Simba most likely learned from that and is less willing to give mercy, but for the most part, he relies on pure instinct. Kovu's experience is likely not as much, at least comparing to taking down an animal with a similar body mass as Simba's.

Aggressive: Aggressive is a strong key in a lion versus lion fight. As Rafiki stated, Zira has filled "Kovu's heart with hate". Kovu can feed off his anger to keep himself strong in the fight. Meanwhile, due to his hatred of Scar and those who associate with him, Simba can be just as aggressive in the fight. It may not to hard to measure who has the highest level of aggressive, but Simba can be more aggressive. He has lived the experience of Scar's impact on his life and carries the weight and baggage of it. Kovu has only heard stories of Scar.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carambulesco » January 4th, 2017, 12:42 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Simba would have won hands down. Like Carambulesco noted, Kovu needed to do an ambush sneak attack in order to have an early advantage.

Looking at the pictures for sizes comparisons:
lion-king2-disneyscreencaps_com-6187.jpg

lion-king2-disneyscreencaps_com-6203.jpg

Size: Simba has the weight and built of a well-grown, mature adult lion thanks to a heavy diet of zebras, antelopes, gazelles, and other herbivores. Kovu is roughly half of his size. He appears more lean. Simba is more bulkier. Director Darrell Rooney did state in the Proud of Simba's Pride making-of documentary that Kovu was a "teenaged killer". So, if older Kovu is a teenager, that means he isn't hit the prime of his strength. His mane is not nearly as thick as Simba's as it stops short past his chest. Simba's mane clearly extends to his underbelly. The reason why lions have manes is for neck protection during a fight with another lion.

Age: Kovu has youth going for him. He probably has higher levels of energy and speed. On the other hand, Simba is more older and probably carries more endurance in a fight.

Training: It's never seen or discussed what was Kovu's training. We can infer that Kovu's swimming abilities such as dragging an unconscious Kiara was probably one of them. We do know Mufasa has taught Simba on how to pounce, but nothing else.

Experience: Simba has had experience in a fight with Scar, which was a fight-to-death battle that he nearly lost if not for his adapted use of Nala's flip maneuver. Simba most likely learned from that and is less willing to give mercy, but for the most part, he relies on pure instinct. Kovu's experience is likely not as much, at least comparing to taking down an animal with a similar body mass as Simba's.

Aggressive: Aggressive is a strong key in a lion versus lion fight. As Rafiki stated, Zira has filled "Kovu's heart with hate". Kovu can feed off his anger to keep himself strong in the fight. Meanwhile, due to his hatred of Scar and those who associate with him, Simba can be just as aggressive in the fight. It may not to hard to measure who has the highest level of aggressive, but Simba can be more aggressive. He has lived the experience of Scar's impact on his life and carries the weight and baggage of it. Kovu has only heard stories of Scar.[/quote]

Wow! Now you have used heavy artillery.
Hahahahah!
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Next

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride