Who would have won? Kovu or Simba?

Re: Who would have won? Kovu or Simba?

Postby KionScar » January 4th, 2017, 4:55 am

I know Simba is outnumbered during his fight moment with Zira's lionesses, yet he seems tired when he's facing Zira herself.
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Simba_Lion » January 4th, 2017, 2:27 pm

TheLionPrince, you gave us a very good description, it was worth reading it. These things make you think, and in my opinion neither of us can know for sure. I would be curious how much experience Kovu had with training.

[quote="KionScar"]I know Simba is outnumbered during his fight moment with Zira's lionesses, yet he seems tired when he's facing Zira herself.[/quote]
Don't forget that Simba was injured and weak after the ambush, that's why Zira didn't want to play for time.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby KionScar » January 4th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Here's a better side-profile size comparison

KionScar

Postby Lionkingview » January 5th, 2017, 2:47 pm

There is no reason to deny it. Simba would have kicked Kovus rump. Besides being taller then Kovu , Simba also didn't get his @$$ handed to him by one random punch thrown in a fight that he was only passivly attending might i add. So yeah. Simba would've won.
ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 6

Postby KionScar » January 6th, 2017, 1:51 am

Because he probably wasn't expecting Vitani to kick him.

Spoiler: show

KionScar

Postby SimbasGuard » January 8th, 2017, 5:36 am

In a straight up fight Simba would have defeated Kovu for the reasons mentioned. However I think Kovu would have put up a decent fight and injured Simba. Not fatally or even permanently, But I think Zira's true purpose for Kovu was to hopefully have Kovu injure Simba enough in battle (Even if it cost Kovu his life) so that she could (In her mind) easily kill Simba and avenge Scar herself.

As for why Simba seemed tired before he confronted Zira, keep in mind that right before Zira landed her first unexpected claw swipe on Simba. He had just fought off Six Outsider Lionesses.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby GoodGrief » January 8th, 2017, 11:12 pm

To be fair, if Kovu took Simba completely by surprise, he might've had a chance. If it was literally a head-on that both participants were aware of, Simba would win. He's just the bigger lion, bigger mane too for protection.
I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Buttons by Carl!
GoodGrief
Whistling the meldoy

Nickname(s): GG, Olly
Pride Points: 0

Postby KionScar » January 9th, 2017, 7:30 am

Here we have a good idea of their teeth and how wide they can open their mouths. Kovu looks to have slightly bigger and sharper teeth.
KionScar

Postby Aelwen » January 9th, 2017, 9:56 am

[quote]Here we have a good idea of their teeth and how wide they can open their mouths. Kovu looks to have slightly bigger and sharper teeth.[/quote]

Er...hmm. The thing is, lions don't brush their teeth so at the age of 5-7 years old their teeth are worn out.
7 year-old lions have yellow teeth with some wear, sometimes canines show some breakage .
Kovu is around 3 years old so his teeth have little wear, they are white and sharp.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby KionScar » January 9th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Isn't chewing on bones for lions pretty much how they brush their teeth?

We also have to keep in mind that Simba as he was growing up ate mostly bugs.
KionScar

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride