Is Zira Correct About Scar's Death?

Is Zira Correct About Scar's Death?

Postby xoxo » January 7th, 2017, 8:14 am

In Simba's Pride Zira tells Kovu that Simba killed Scar. I thought that the hyenas did at the end of the first lion king movie? Is she correct? I'm confused a bit. :roll:
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LovableLioness08

Nickname(s): Holly Bear
Pride Points: 4

Re: Is Zira Correct About Scar's Death?

Postby Simba_Lion » January 7th, 2017, 3:09 pm

No, Zira is not correct. You see it well, the hyneas (and the fire) killed Scar. Scar survived his falling, so Simba can't be his killer - this is the fact. What Zira thinks, that's an other question. Probably she was also there when Simba returned, though she didn't see the fight with his own eyes, but finding Scar dead after it could make her think that Simba was the killer. Probably she didn't know about the hyenas, she just knew about the fight. And this is the (main) reason why she hates Simba, and this is the way how she teaches her children.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba

Postby Squeely » February 2nd, 2017, 8:48 am

It's possible Zira knew about the hyenas. I'd assume she would have a lot of hate for them after what they did. But she still blames Simba for Scar's death first and foremost, because if Simba had not shown up, Scar would not have died.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Panda-chan » February 5th, 2017, 1:00 am

[quote="Simba_Lion"]Probably she was also there when Simba returned, though she didn't see the fight with his own eyes, but finding Scar dead after it could make her think that Simba was the killer. Probably she didn't know about the hyenas, she just knew about the fight. And this is the (main) reason why she hates Simba, and this is the way how she teaches her children.[/quote]
I think this is probably correct. During the sequel, we never see Zira harbor any hatred for the hyenas who are the real reason Scar is dead. Simba banished the Outlanders after the fight, so she must have assumed Scar's death was his fault as well.
Another theory is that Zika does know the truth about Scar's death, but she lies to her children to help convince them that Simba is the bad guy. It's a lot easier to hate someone who banished them to the Outlands AND killed their former king.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Simba_Lion » February 10th, 2017, 3:32 pm

[quote="Squeely"]It's possible Zira knew about the hyenas. I'd assume she would have a lot of hate for them after what they did. But she still blames Simba for Scar's death first and foremost, because if Simba had not shown up, Scar would not have died.[/quote]
Yes, this is also possible.

[quote="Panda-chan"]I think this is probably correct. During the sequel, we never see Zira harbor any hatred for the hyenas who are the real reason Scar is dead. Simba banished the Outlanders after the fight, so she must have assumed Scar's death was his fault as well.
Another theory is that Zika does know the truth about Scar's death, but she lies to her children to help convince them that Simba is the bad guy. It's a lot easier to hate someone who banished them to the Outlands AND killed their former king.[/quote]
Yeah, it's true, there are no hyenas in the sequel. As Nuka said, they all had ran off. But I still think that Zira blames Simba for Scar's death.
Simba_Lion

Nickname(s): Simba

Postby Troll Berserker » February 14th, 2017, 10:37 am

I think she's partly correct:

if she didn't know what hyenas did and just saw/found out Scar is dead - she blamed Simba.

She knew what hyenas did, but still the primary blame was on Simba. According to her characteristic given out in The Lion Guard - she thinks lions are supreme to other animals, including hyenas and probably thought that it was perfectly okay for Scar to manipulate hyenas to serve him. Simba overthrown Scar and exposed his lies to hyenas who got angry and killed Scar, but even though it was hyenas who finished Scar off, the main hreason he was even killed was because of Simba.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Sigurd » May 29th, 2017, 3:49 am

No, she was wrong. She probably said that Simba killed Scar because she felt that he was indirectly responsible for Scar's death, or she used as a tactic to make Kovu more prone to kill Simba, as sort of propaganda tool.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Kina » July 27th, 2017, 3:28 am

While I'd imagine she holds a definite loathing for hyenas - and given her mental status might kill any she comes across out of pure spite - that isn't touched upon in canon. Since Zira wasn't present for the battle it could be assumed that she was recovering from the birth of her cubs, and therefore didn't see the conflict as it went down. But since Simba was ultimately responsible for Scar's death (throwing him to the fire, and to the hyenas) in a karmic way, it's all too easy to shift the full blame onto him and - as Sigurd said - use the information as a propaganda tool to drill hate into her young.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride