Kovu Killed Nuka?

Re: Kovu Killed Nuka?

Postby TheLionPrince » May 9th, 2018, 6:35 pm

[quote="TLK_Kid"]No, Kovu had nothing to do with his death really; but I always thought that Zira, in her crazed way, was trying to make Kovu feel more like Scar, or make him believe he was becoming like Scar.

"You KILLED your own BROTHER!"

Idk, maybe that's just me but that's how it always sounded to me.[/quote]

Zira had already tried to make Kovu into her version of Scar through training him to fight Simba and filling his heart to hate the Pridelanders. It's unknown if Zira knew that Scar had killed Mufasa, but she was arguing that Kovu was betraying Scar's destiny for his life.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Simba_Lion » May 31st, 2018, 2:53 pm

[quote="Sigurd"]He indirectly killed Nuka, and I think was angry with Kovu already since didn't want to kill Simba, so she tried to make him think that his decision not to kill Simba had lead to the death of a close one.[/quote]

[quote="TLK_Kid"]No, Kovu had nothing to do with his death really; but I always thought that Zira, in her crazed way, was trying to make Kovu feel more like Scar, or make him believe he was becoming like Scar.

"You KILLED your own BROTHER!"

Idk, maybe that's just me but that's how it always sounded to me.[/quote]

Good points.
I think she really wanted Kovu to realize that he was "following" in Scar's pawprints because this was his fate - as you said, TLK Kid, to become like Scar.

Kovu: I want nothing more to do with him!
Zira: You cannot escape it!
>> this confirms it I think
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby FriendlyHyena » June 4th, 2018, 4:46 am

[quote="Vorkey"]What's most interesting about that scene is that Zira shows compassion for Nuka, proving that she's not really evil, just misguided.[/quote]

Only because he tried, and perhaps to make a martyr out of him. Had he lived, it's quite possible that Zira would have ordered the Outlanders to press forward and go after Simba, even if Nuka's injuries required immediate attention.

Zira only cares for the others, including her own kids, if they can be of use to her, as is shown by her telling Vitani that if she wouldn't fight, that she'd be killed too.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride