When did Zira join the pride?

When did Zira join the pride?

Postby AnonLion » June 19th, 2017, 3:23 am

If she followed Scar that means she was part of the pride when Scar was king, however I'm not entirely sure if she was already in it when Mufasa was king or if she joined at some point during Scar's reign. And considering how much the lionesses were struggling to find food why would she follow Scar so devoutly anyways? Was it because she had his cubs? (excluding Kovu of course) What are your thoughts?
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Re: When did Zira join the pride?

Postby Squeely » July 2nd, 2017, 11:43 pm

Big plothole between the two films. The Lion Guard hints that none of Zira's cubs were Scar's, and that the Outsiders were nomadic. So I guess we didn't see them in the first film because they were traveling. Still makes Zira's devotion to Scar make little sense, however. Perhaps we should just chalk that up to Zira being crazy.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Re: When did Zira join the pride?

Postby SimbasGuard » July 4th, 2017, 6:14 am

I think Scar could have known Zira and The Outsiders sometime during Mufasa's reign. Due to the fact that to befriend The Hyenas Scar would have obviously been willing to spend a significant amount of time away from The Pride Lands. Scar could have easily met Zira during his time away and formed their very close friendship. After Scar became King he quickly realized that it would benefit him greatly to have Lionesses loyal to him. Scar likely knew where Zira and The Outsiders would be at that time of the year. Then most likely sent Zazu to invite them to join his Pride in The Pride Lands.

I desperately want to believe that Zira telling Kion that she and Scar were "very close" means that there could be a possibility that Nuka could be Scar's son, but the story Rafiki told. As well as Nuka's age in relation to Vitani and Kovu makes that impossible.

As for where Zira and The Outsiders were when Simba returned. It could be Zira lead them well beyond The Pride Lands in search of food. Zira blames Simba for Scar's death, but she also holds a grudge against The Hyenas because. The way she sees it, they failed to protect him.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride