What is Simba HADN'T banished Zira?

What is Simba HADN'T banished Zira?

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 4th, 2018, 4:57 am

We don't know for certain WHY she was kicked out in the first place. If it had been simply for trying to stage a coup and kill Simba, I don't think she'd have sang "I've been exiled, persecuted, left alone with no defense. When I think of what that brute did, I get a little tense!"

I think she truly thought she was mistreated. Heck, this whole "avenge Scar" thing could really have been a cover for her trying to avenge her own personal slights. (I'm not so sure that Scar would want Zira so needlessly endangering the lives of his own children just to get at Simba.)

If it had just been Scar's death, why did she mention slights against her before even mentioning Scar by name "Scar is gone, but Zira's still around" was like in the second verse of That's My Lullaby.

And if Simba had indeed kicked Zira out merely for liking Scar, then Simba, in a way, created his own monster in Zira. Perhaps if he'd not done that, she wouldn't have wanted to off him.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: What is Simba HADN'T banished Zira?

Postby TheLionPrince » May 5th, 2018, 3:28 am

The episode, "Lions of the Outlands", from The Lion Guard pretty much explained that Zira had insisted that Kovu was the rightful heir to the throne, in which Simba disagreed. Then, Zira and Simba engaged in a fight, and her pride was banished to the Outlands.

In terms of her mentions of being exiled and persecuted, Zira is mentally twisted in which she sees herself as the victim. She had been brought up to believe Scar was the king of the Pride Lands, and her son, Kovu, would be his heir. Simba arrives and defeats Scar, and later tells her that her beliefs are not right. Zira believes her banishment to the Outlands is punishment for her convictions that Kovu should be on the throne. In the end, she has nothing left to stand alone since Scar is dead, his hyena army has been banished, and her small pride is unable to defeat Simba and the Pridelanders. Overall, the slights against her are directly in relation to Scar.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 19th, 2018, 5:29 am

If the whole thing was over Kovu, why didn't she just call it quits when Kovu stopped trying to do in Simba?
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » May 28th, 2018, 7:47 am

Because it wasn't so much about Kovu at that point, but about avenging Scar.

Before implementing The Fire Rescue Plan. Zira had this exchange with Kovu:

[quote="Zira"] What is your destiny?[/quote]

[quote="Kovu"] I will avenge Scar. Take his place in The Pride Lands[/quote]

[quote="Zira"] What have I taught you?[/quote]

[quote="Kovu"] Simba is the enemy[/quote]

[quote="Zira"]And what must you do?[/quote]

[quote="Kovu"]I must kill him![/quote]

When Kovu turned good, Zira was dead set on still killing Simba and would not give up on that. Even when her entire Pride left her.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride