How could Kovu support Zira even as a cub?

How could Kovu support Zira even as a cub?

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 23rd, 2018, 10:59 pm

Somehow it didn't click before.

Simba: You know the penalty for returning to the Pridelands.
Zira; However, the cub does not. However, if you need your pound of flesh (moves a shaking Kovu in front of Simba), here.
Simba: Take him and get out!

That was just despicable what Zira did! What if Simba had killed Kovu? I know Simba wouldn't have (hopefully), but how did Kovu not freak out from being put into that situation? If Zira really did care for Kovu, she would have threatened to kill Simba if he even TRIED to hurt Kovu. How does Kovu, even from this moment, not realize that he's just a pawn of Zira's?
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: How could Kovu support Zira even as a cub?

Postby Elton John » May 23rd, 2018, 11:11 pm

because he’s still just a cub. maybe the equivalent of human aged 5-7. he’s not going to have the best critical thinking skills.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » May 24th, 2018, 5:29 am

Well, Kovu was terrified so much that he was shaking in fear. Particularly in that scene, Zira was offering Kovu as a "pound of flesh" to test if Simba would really enforce his no-trespassing rule by stooping low enough to kill a cub. However, I think Elton John said it best. Kovu was too young to think for himself, and you know, it is possible that Zira could have used that moment to manipulate Kovu into hating Simba even more.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 25th, 2018, 5:02 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]Well, Kovu was terrified so much that he was shaking in fear. Particularly in that scene, Zira was offering Kovu as a "pound of flesh" to test if Simba would really enforce his no-trespassing rule by stooping low enough to kill a cub. However, I think Elton John said it best. Kovu was too young to think for himself, and you know, it is possible that Zira could have used that moment to manipulate Kovu into hating Simba even more.[/quote]

The fact that Simba didn't try and hurt Kovu, though, you'd have thought that it might have backfired concerning Zira's "Simba is evil" brainwashing to Kovu.
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » May 28th, 2018, 8:45 am

Like TheLionPrince said, Given Kovu's young age and his state of terror. Kovu likely didn't think much of anything about that moment besides his own fear.

Zira could have easily said "I knew he would not kill you in front of his daughter, I just wanted you to see what could happen if you disobey me.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride