Why did Timon's mom hurt Rafiki?

Re: Why did Timon's mom hurt Rafiki?

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 6th, 2014, 12:00 am

But Rafiki is a good person, and hadn't (for all Ma knew) put him in harm's way.

And even if it was from a height, she's still very small and probably Rafiki probably wouldn't have felt anything.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby ScarLoyal » May 6th, 2014, 1:54 am

Ma wasn't really a pushover though, i mean.. she probably did it because she loved her son and blamed him because she didn't know or believe in Hakuna Matata.
And as we first saw Rafiki in pain, it's obvious that she was probably able to hurt him, no matter how big or small.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 6th, 2014, 6:19 am

I don't think Rafiki was ever in pain. I mean, he's Rafiki, he doesn't really get hurt, or if someone tries to hurt him, he can avoid it.

I don't think Ma blamed Rafiki. And even so, Rafiki had just lost his best friend, by the way, and didn't deserve to be hurt.

I think she was just being silly, and the fact that any of us assume she hurt him is silly, not only because what she did had no chance of hurting him at all, but that it's pretty clear that the one who was hurt was Timon.

Yeah, porcupine quills. Now that's GOTTA hurt.
Animal of the Wild

Postby ScarLoyal » May 6th, 2014, 10:50 am

Really?

And I think though it wasn't shown, as Ma is about to step on Rafiki's feet, the scene where Timon screams comes after. It's implied that Rafiki was going to be in pain again.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 5:35 am

"she probably did it because she loved her son and blamed him because she didn't know or believe in Hakuna Matata."

Why isn't anyone supporting Rafiki? I thought he was fairly popular...
Animal of the Wild

Postby Timon8 » June 17th, 2014, 6:58 am

He is, they were just giving an obvious reply to your answer.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby EdtheHyena » October 12th, 2014, 4:00 am

That's a huge image.

Anyways, I have no idea. It's just a stupid-but-funny scene not meant to be taken seriously.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby EdtheHyena » December 21st, 2014, 10:05 am

WOW I HAVE NO IDEA Y THIS EXISTS

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » May 2nd, 2015, 7:19 am

[quote="ScarLoyal"]Ma wasn't really a pushover though, i mean.. she probably did it because she loved her son and blamed him because she didn't know or believe in Hakuna Matata.
And as we first saw Rafiki in pain, it's obvious that she was probably able to hurt him, no matter how big or small.[/quote]

How heavy is she, though? I mean, if say, a cat landed on my foot, I wouldn't be in a ton of pain.
ILoveShenziMarie

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Captain Cupcake » May 2nd, 2015, 11:21 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]I don't think Rafiki was ever in pain. I mean, he's Rafiki, he doesn't really get hurt, or if someone tries to hurt him, he can avoid it.[/quote]

He was in pain. That was the point of abruptly cutting to Timon screaming. It's a type of smash cut gag. In this case, you see Character A attempting to hurt Character B, but then the scene cuts to a third character in a completely different setting making a particular reaction that represents the response Character B would make after getting hit.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½