Why did Timon's mom hurt Rafiki?

Re: Why did Timon's mom hurt Rafiki?

Postby Adofo » May 19th, 2015, 5:20 am

I know it's what my mom would do! Think of it from her point of view. Rafiki, a complete and total stranger, told her son, who takes things literally and is also clearly not the brightest star in the sky, to 'look beyond you see' and he also not be there to explain what he ACTUALLY meant. So for all she knew, she think that Timon thinks he basically has to keep going in on general direction until he finds what he's looking for. So yeah, if some stranger basically told my kid(if i had any) to keep walking in that one direction until he finds what he's wanting, when even HE doesn't really know what he's looking for, then I'd be pretty mad too!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Timon the great » July 10th, 2015, 6:51 pm

I see that a few posts in this topic are showing that members may not be looking at this on all sides just as it had been proven many times already with the film itself. Even if this part is meant to be funny, it, like a lot of other scenes on this film have their meaning. In fact, the scene that goes back to Timon screaming is an alludence to us that Ma is "coming" for Timon as the whole thing and the film itself is about him either way.

I mean, Rafiki doesn't realize that Timon, as Ma points out, takes things he is told about literally. And so Rafiki technically does make a mistake by telling Timon what he tells him near the beginning and it explains why Ma freaks out on this scene after she hears about this. So in the end, it's very possible that as one of the good alignment characters of the film franchise, Ma apologizes to Rafiki after knowing that her son is doing fine by the end of the film (away from all the silhouette scenes) because she, along with Timon are certainly not bad people, and are the unique comical characters of the LK films course.
Last edited by Timon the great on July 14th, 2015, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » July 13th, 2015, 3:36 am

[quote="Timon the great"] she, along with Timon are certainly not bad people, and are always uniquely comical of course.[/quote]

Interstingly, that's what I consider Shenzi, but I'm sure a lot of members would disagree.
ILoveShenziMarie

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Previous

Return to The Lion King 1½