which do you prefer?

Timon & Pumbaa (series)
20%
The Lion King 1 1/2
80%

Total votes : 30

Re: This or Timon and Pumbaa series?

Postby ScarLoyal » April 25th, 2014, 7:40 pm

TLK 1.5 defiantly! I actually loved it, it was full of lighthearted jokes and friendship. But it also contained a serious message about 'mother son' love and becoming something bigger and finding your place in the world. :mildinterest:
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 27th, 2014, 2:45 am

I prefer The Timon and Pumbaa Series, because Zazu has more then just two lines. He's in about 3-4 episodes in the series so yeah.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Squeely » December 17th, 2015, 8:05 am

I enjoy both, but the winner for me is 1 1/2. While I may not care for the silhouette stuff or the "T&P were in this scene and that scene", I love Digga Tunnah, I love getting a look at Timon's origins (wish we got to see Pumbaa's too), I like Ma and Uncle Max, I like the snail-eating contest and I like the hyena scenes. I also love Timon's characterization and his sweet moment with Pumbaa.

I've seen at least 20 episodes of the series, and the only thing that really stands out to me as something I love is its version of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". It's fun to watch but I don't feel all that invested.

And the icing on the cake? 1 1/2's animation is almost as good as TLK's, while the series' animation is a big leap down.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Timon the great » December 19th, 2015, 5:32 am

^ I'm curious to ask, but what exactly do you mean about "Timon's characterization"? Do you mean in the sense that he's the main protagonist of this film?
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Squeely » December 19th, 2015, 7:56 am

[quote="Timon the great"]^ I'm curious to ask, but what exactly do you mean about "Timon's characterization"? Do you mean in the sense that he's the main protagonist of this film?[/quote]
I meant I love that we got a greater look into who Timon is. I would have loved that whether he was the main character or not.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » December 26th, 2015, 9:45 am

I like The Timon and Pumbaa Series, however I prefer Lion King 1 and 1/2. It took itself more seriously than the series, and since it actually tried to connect itself to the movie. I was finally able to realize that The Timon and Pumbaa series was in it's own universe, separate from The Lion King.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Alexterri1 » January 14th, 2017, 11:41 pm

I hate them both, but the Timon and Pumbaa series is far worse. At least 1.5 had okay animation and songs. The TV show is just completely unnecessary
What is the difference between a cat and a comma? One has claws at the end of its paws, and the other is a pause at the end of a clause :D
Alexterri1
Queen of the Pridelands

We are One

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 6

Postby Sigurd » March 31st, 2017, 12:18 am

The series, It had more great comedy. It was first also.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby PridelandsPhantom » March 31st, 2017, 3:58 am

I actually like both in different ways. Timon isn't my favorite character, but I don't hate him. TLK 1/2 has some catchy songs and it really does show some origins on Timon which I liked. I wish they had left Timon's dad in the film rather than Uncle Max, I would have found that more interesting as character development. I was young when T and P cartoon was out, in 3rd grade and liked a lot of the episodes, especially those with Simba as a guest star. The ones I remember best have the cheetahs, the beavers (you break it you bought it!), and Rafaki and his nephew :-o Some of them were funny, especially the beaver one :lol:

I guess I'm the only one who liked some of the theater moments in 1/2 :oops:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby thechangingmyname » March 31st, 2017, 5:19 am

I couldn't sit through this film. :( It was just too much. The songs were bad and it wasn't funny. I longed for a REAL Lion King 3.
thechangingmyname

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½