The hyenas' role in the film

The hyenas' role in the film

Postby EdtheHyena » February 22nd, 2014, 12:22 am

Zonofan advised me to make a separate topic on this, so I decided to.

Were you happy about their roles in it? Because sadly, I wasn't. After 10 years of not appearing in an LK movie, I just didn't think two short scenes did them justice. Worse still, they disappeared abruptly after their last scene.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Re: The hyenas' role in the film

Postby TheLionPrince » February 26th, 2014, 12:21 am

Come here, it's a secret. They had a non-speaking cameo when Timon and Pumbaa were searching the Elephant Graveyard and Scar's lair for a new home ;) (if that is the short scene you are referring to).

Overall, I was satisfied with the role of the hyenas. The hyenas' attack on the meerkat colony explains why Timon said he "hates hyenas" before he did the hula dance. Pumbaa couldn't have interacted with Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed before the battle at Pride Rock since Banzai was unfamiliar with him. Since a majority of the film's events parallels with the events of the first film, all the hyenas were plotting with Scar and then eventually lived in the Pride Lands which did not require Timon and Pumbaa's involvement until a certain lion ran off to reclaim his throne.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » February 26th, 2014, 6:04 am

I would have liked to see more of the hyenas in the films, but it fit the story the way it was.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Biomac » August 23rd, 2014, 4:33 am

Yeah, they were here to be here sadly. They could've have more space.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Return to The Lion King 1½