Timon's betrayal

Re: Timon's betrayal

Postby ScarLoyal » April 29th, 2014, 6:19 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]I just want to say that you guys are all overrating him. Like you said, TimontheGreat, he KNEW what he was doing was wrong!

[quote]With redemption, he risks his own life to save Pumbaa, Ma and Uncle Max from the hyenas at Pride Rock and is nearly eaten by Shenzi when he determinedly runs and dives into a rock opening to break the last support of the hyena trap.[/quote]

Speakign of the hyenas...why do you guys never look this deep into them? Why are you never willing to give them an out or herald them like you do Timon?[/quote]
Because timon was obvious a 'good guy' compared to the hyenas. While he did make mistakes, he DID make up for them. ;)
The hyenas are dangerous mangy slobbering poachers who have always threatened the Pridelands. But of course sometimes I can see 'eye to eye' to them. I like going with the theory that Sarafina ate Shenzi and Banzai's parents.
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 29th, 2014, 6:47 am

Aren't the hyenas technically neutral, though? And even if they weren't, I really doubt fans simply look at them as nothing more than "mangy slobbering poachers"? I mean, it's not uncommon for fans to side with bad guys. A lot of people love Scar, as I pointed out in a thread a short while ago. Obviously, they see him as more than a mangy, slobbering villian ;)

So seeing Shenzi, Banzai and co. as awesome and praiseworthy might not be quite as much of a thing as it is for Timon, but it's a little far fetched to assume that everyone just looks at them as crap.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby ScarLoyal » April 29th, 2014, 10:25 am

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]Aren't the hyenas technically neutral, though? And even if they weren't, I really doubt fans simply look at them as nothing more than "mangy slobbering poachers"? I mean, it's not uncommon for fans to side with bad guys. A lot of people love Scar, as I pointed out in a thread a short while ago. Obviously, they see him as more than a mangy, slobbering villian ;)

So seeing Shenzi, Banzai and co. as awesome and praiseworthy might not be quite as much of a thing as it is for Timon, but it's a little far fetched to assume that everyone just looks at them as crap.[/quote]
But I never stated that all 'fans' see them as that. I'm just saying that they have 'little history' other than having a vicious nature and attack the Prideland animals. But that doesn't mean I think they are 'crap.' I LOVE the hyenas too! :D I'm just saying that what they did would be considered a betrayal more than anything Timon had done. :hmm3:
ScarLoyal

That's my Lullaby!

Postby Animal of the Wild » April 29th, 2014, 10:14 pm

OK, but what Timon did felt bigger than anything they've done because it felt so out of character.
Animal of the Wild

Postby ScarLoyal » April 30th, 2014, 6:41 am

Well I guess in a way, that could be true. But it wasn't as 'big' as what the hyenas did. IMO :)
Friendships can be rough in the later stages, but at least he made up for his mistake. :zira-approve:
ScarLoyal

That's my Lullaby!

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 1st, 2014, 12:39 am

Well it felt bigger than what anything the hyenas did, and even if he made up, it doesn't change that he did do it, yet everyone acts like it does.
Animal of the Wild

Postby Biomac » May 1st, 2014, 4:56 am

I found Timon "betrayal" was pretty expectable. I mean all he cares about is himself, he lacks of empathy for others.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby ScarLoyal » May 3rd, 2014, 6:11 pm

[quote="Animal of the Wild"] yet everyone acts like it does.[/quote]
But wouldn't that mean that it does? :thoughtful2:
I just find it hard to believe that Timon's refusal to help when you 'could' understand where he was coming from, he didn't like the thought of their Hakuna Matata being ruined by Nala after all, was more 'worse' than the Hyenas (Who 'almost' ate Simba and Nala as cubs after all.) who threatened the Pridelanders. I mean.. I understand that they were 'probably' manipulated by Scar and all.. but. Timon was afraid of losing his best pals to doom but he realized what truly mattered. (Which does redeem himself since he risks his life to save Simba's home from his uncle.) However, the hyenas had committed an act of treason and they 'assisted in Mufasa's murder!' They still ARE the villainous sidekicks who EVEN betrayed Scar. But it's just what I think. :lovingsmile2:
ScarLoyal

That's my Lullaby!

Postby Carl » May 3rd, 2014, 7:15 pm

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]Speakign of the hyenas...why do you guys never look this deep into them? Why are you never willing to give them an out or herald them like you do Timon?[/quote]
People have looked at the hyenas in depth, before the old topics were archived there were several that mentioned them explicitly. And, you know, the only reason we're looking so deeply at Timon right now is because you made this topic, and we have to find evidence about Timon that explains our opinion of the event and... Timon. If it bothers you for people to look deeply at Timon, then why did you make a topic about him? If you want people to look deeply at the hyenas, make a serious topic about them. And try not to spam the board with "are they dead," "why didn't they get a final cameo," "they should have another movie" posts. We know you think so already. Bring up something that will make people think, and they will.

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]Well it felt bigger than what anything the hyenas did, and even if he made up, it doesn't change that he did do it, yet everyone acts like it does.[/quote]
How so? They hyenas literally ate their "friend." Scar did throw them under the bus and betray them first, so I suppose that wasn't technically a betrayal, but to my recollection, Timon neither killed nor ate Simba. He merely had a fight with his friends over something that he did not like having happened. That's normal, and happens to most people. A person doesn't have to like Timon to see that, nor does understanding that mean that people don't think it was wrong.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Animal of the Wild » May 4th, 2014, 7:57 am

Well, they had every right to do what they did to Scar because he was bad, in my opinion. AND he HAD betrayed them.
Animal of the Wild

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½