Does anyone feel remorse to Him from...

Postby Timon the great » May 20th, 2014, 7:24 am

This scene, near the beginning?:

image.jpg
His reaction right after Uncle Max tells him, "I did trust you."
image.jpg (29.77 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

image.jpg
image.jpg (33.55 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

To me, when I watch Timon here, it does kind of feel like a heart being pierced like I can see Timon's is. I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't think when Uncle Max tells him, "I did trust you.", makes him a bad character, but it does affect me as much as it hurts Timon inside every time I see this.

What should be taken into consideration on this is that I can't really blame Timon because of the fact that he tries to do something right for his meerkat colony in the first place here by being a sentry. Even though it ends up in disaster due to Shenzi, Banzai and Ed invading the colony.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: Does anyone feel remorse to Him from...

Postby TheLionPrince » May 21st, 2014, 1:46 am

It depends on whose perspective I'm looking through. Through Timon's eyes, he acknowledges he made a big mistake and seeks forgiveness and a second chance for his actions. He isn't granted that. From the colony's point of view, they trusted him to alert the colony of incoming predators, and he failed them because he was goofing off. Because it was his first day on the new job, he should have been given another chance to redeem himself, but you have to remember that Timon failed his colony multiple times before the ambush. People's trust in you wears thin after you fail them several times. So, my remorse is mixed; Timon is just trying to serve his colony, but he shouldn't have goofed off that resulted in his uncle nearly getting killed and other meerkats in harm's way.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Zonofon » May 22nd, 2014, 6:46 pm

I absolutely agree with the fact that Timon realizes he has made a mistake. If he did not understand it, then he do not be worried about it.

But I always had the idea that Timon sometimes do not want to think about everyday problems. Not because he thinks he's above other meerkats. But because he thinks more about how to make a life for all with less problems. As a result he sometimes forgets that it can lead to other problems.

So I am very happy that he finally found a solution to all difficulties at end of TLK 3.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 5:38 am

No.

No, no, no, no no.

Everyone is all like "poor widdle timo-on..."

Come on, the guy is a bit of a douche.

Does anyone have remorse on the hyenas?
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby EdtheHyena » December 21st, 2014, 10:22 am

Not a lot, I'm sorry to say. Maybe some, since I wouldn't like to be in that position, but not a lot.

Really, I'm sorry.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby Timon the great » June 20th, 2015, 11:29 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]It depends on whose perspective I'm looking through. Through Timon's eyes, he acknowledges he made a big mistake and seeks forgiveness and a second chance for his actions. He isn't granted that. From the colony's point of view, they trusted him to alert the colony of incoming predators, and he failed them because he was goofing off. Because it was his first day on the new job, he should have been given another chance to redeem himself, but you have to remember that Timon failed his colony multiple times before the ambush. People's trust in you wears thin after you fail them several times. So, my remorse is mixed; Timon is just trying to serve his colony, but he shouldn't have goofed off that resulted in his uncle nearly getting killed and other meerkats in harm's way.[/quote]
I understand that Timon has made mistakes many times with his meerkat colony and put Uncle Max un-intentionally in danger, because he daydreams. But I still see that the colony has always been a little harsh to him because this LK film's media lays out to us from Timon: Behind the Legend, that he is mistreated by his colony members in his younger days as shown from this film concept art image example.

So, this officially explains why he's self-absorbed at times. Then again, I think Timon is really thankful that he has an advantage over his colony members since he's Ma's son and Uncle Max's nephew. The film makes it pretty clear that they're the clan leaders and so that technically gives Timon a higher standing in the colony than the other meerkats, as well.

But in the end, it probably is the best thing that he chooses to leave the colony on his own account and find a home of his own. Albeit, he realizes it would be risky venturing out on all his own as the first meerkat person to do so.

Though, who's to say that it's not the best decision that someone could make in his situation? I mean, it shows that he's not as Unclever as some out there would like to think that he is, because of such things like claiming Pumbaa's ideas as his own a few times.

Personally, I don't find him foolish at all because of this film of his own. He may seem like it at times. But he really isn't. Like I said, it was probably for the best that he leaves the colony because he realizes there was no point in staying any longer trying to convince his colony members that he can do what they do, when he already knows that there's more to life than just making tunnels and digging to survive.

So in essence, Timon's understanding should never be underestimated and this issue shows that he actually takes inner personal conflict quite well. This is what I love about seeing him from this film because of the character depth that the creators gave to him, that I think was really needed to explore the deeper sides of this uncommonly seen complex and exceptionally humanized meerkat.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Return to The Lion King 1½