Ma and Uncle Max - Timon.

Ma and Uncle Max - Timon.

Postby Zonofon » May 28th, 2014, 4:00 pm

It seems to me that in TLK 3 it is no accident that together with Timon are Ma and Uncle Max. I think they are complete opposites: while Uncle Max is very practical and thinks only about daily routine, Ma, although do not forget about the everyday life, but think about something more eternal and support Timon, when he wanted to change lives of colony. That is, they symbolize two looks at the life, and ideas of Ma are closer to Timon.

What do you think about this?
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Ma and Uncle Max - Timon.

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 28th, 2014, 6:33 pm

At the end of TLK 3, Uncle Max does appear to start living more of a Timon's life, laid back, but Ma does seem to have a closer relationship to Timon, and her ideas are more like his.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 5:39 am

[quote="Zonofon"]It seems to me that in TLK 3 it is no accident that together with Timon are Ma and Uncle Max. I think they are complete opposites: while Uncle Max is very practical and thinks only about daily routine, Ma, although do not forget about the everyday life, but think about something more eternal and support Timon, when he wanted to change lives of colony. That is, they symbolize two looks at the life, and ideas of Ma are closer to Timon.

What do you think about this?[/quote]

I think you people are analyzing Timon and his family waaaaaaayyyyy too much. Yet no one wants to analyze Shenzi and her gang. Again, WHY?
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby Ninaroja » June 4th, 2014, 1:28 pm

[quote="Animal of the Wild"]
I think you people are analyzing Timon and his family waaaaaaayyyyy too much. Yet no one wants to analyze Shenzi and her gang. Again, WHY?[/quote]

You do realise this is A Lion King Discussion Forum, right? Come on, there's things we talk about here and get into depth about that non-fans wouldn't care about (not to mention some threads you yourself made in the past :roll: )

And since the meerkat family are one of the main elements in TLK3, and the hyenas are always just sub characters, there's really more to talk about.

----------------------------------------------------

I think it's probably to do with the fact that Ma is Timon's mother, and Uncle Max is just that. His Uncle. But, since there seems to be an absence of any "father" in Timon's life, we could say Uncle Max is the paternal figure for him. And yes, by the end of the film, when Timon has finally proven his worth, they do become closer.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Animal of the Wild » June 4th, 2014, 4:27 pm

[quote="Ninaroja"]
And since the meerkat family are one of the main elements in TLK3, and the hyenas are always just sub characters, there's really more to talk about.

----------------------------------------------------

I think it's probably to do with the fact that Ma is Timon's mother, and Uncle Max is just that. His Uncle. But, since there seems to be an absence of any "father" in Timon's life, we could say Uncle Max is the paternal figure for him. And yes, by the end of the film, when Timon has finally proven his worth, they do become closer.[/quote]

The hyenas never should have been sub characters. They have sooooo much potential.
Animal of the Wild

Pride Points: -18

Postby EdtheHyena » December 21st, 2014, 9:47 am

[quote="Perrys Girlfriend"]At the end of TLK 3, Uncle Max does appear to start living more of a Timon's life, laid back[/quote]

is that a good thing?
Last edited by EdtheHyena on December 21st, 2014, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby EdtheHyena » December 21st, 2014, 9:55 am

[quote="Perrys Girlfriend"]At the end of TLK 3, Uncle Max does appear to start living more of a Timon's life, laid back, but Ma does seem to have a closer relationship to Timon, and her ideas are more like his.[/quote]

So...are they saying Timon ideas are "right", or what?

I'm sorry, I'm just a little confused about it.

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » July 25th, 2020, 3:51 pm

I agree about Uncle Max and Ma being complete opposites in the way they deal with life. Ma has her hopes and dreams for her son but she is capable of showing support and believes in the beauty of her son's dreams. When she finally lets Timon go on his own, that's a quietly powerful scene. She lets him go on that journey of self-discovery, one that also leads to a new home for the colony. Eventually, Uncle Max becomes more relaxed at the end.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Return to The Lion King 1½