For all the haters of this movie...

Re: For all the haters of this movie...

Postby it means no worries » August 11th, 2014, 1:27 am

i guess i just lacks any real emotion, the thing that mad the original so great
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby SimbasGuard » August 11th, 2014, 4:11 am

I had a problem with this movie initially, but once I bent my brain around the fact that Lion King 1 1/2 was a comedy, I was able to accept the movie for what it is. A comical slant on The Lion King. While the two movies are in the same franchise, aside from the animation the two movies are not in the same league.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Timon the great » August 11th, 2014, 7:15 am

[quote="EdtheHyena"]5) ...and has sappy moments (namely any with Timon and his Ma) that just feel like they were included to appease viewers.[/quote]
I don't think the creators went very far at all with their relationship, at least in the way I would've liked to see it really turn out. I know not everyone likes/prefers "sappy" moments like you mentioned. But I don't find the idea at all to be bland or just there to appease viewers. Or that "it had to be shown" because of Timon's account at the beginning of the film.

I can easily see that the creators put some deep, even loving thought and care into crafting this idea and I find that it really shows on the film and that's all that truly matters. Even if the scenes between Timon and Ma are more limited than Timon with Pumbaa.

Just because these scenes may be considered by many to be "small", it doesn't mean that they're nothing or not valuable as many have a tendency to think about on this film. A good deal of scenes in general are truly meaningful from it. I know, because I see this film inside-out.

People are just quick to judge this film because of the not-so-good scenes which don't even dominate the movie. Or that it doesn't meet their expectations in the fandom as a lot of the replies in this topic are mostly proving out to be, just as it has been a lot in the past on this already.

But all in all, there is no reason why anyone should to take this film for granted simply because it didn't meet the fandom's expectations or some scene was made to lash at the original film.

I'm 99.9% sure no one on this forum knows exactly what the challenges were that the creators had to face when working on this film. All films have challenges that its creators face and this one is no exception.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Previous

Return to The Lion King 1½