What are your thoughts on TLK1 1/2?

What are your thoughts on TLK1 1/2?

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 2nd, 2014, 4:25 am

I think that the TLK 1 1/2 was rediculas :roll: , they just did it because TImon and Pumbaa was a comedy favorit :happythoughts: :fakesadness: , and there movie just ruined the Pride of TLK 1, but I have the movie anyway cause im a dedicated TLK fan, I mean its cute but I really think of it as just a TLK comedy to make fun of TLK :edsmile: . this is just my opinion.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: What are your thoughts on TLK1 1/2?

Postby Timon8 » August 2nd, 2014, 2:59 pm

The Lion King 3 / 1,5 is way more than a silly sideick-comedy. The creator put their whole heart in Timon's background and the relationship with his mother. The animation is also way better than the Lion King 2.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby SimbasGuard » August 3rd, 2014, 9:03 pm

I like Lion King 1 1/2 (or 3 for those of you that live outside of North America) for what it was. The Back story on Timon and Pumbaa was very valuable to me as a fan. I absolutely loved seeing more of teen Simba. Also I find that I don't think about how Lion King 1 1/2 altered (Albeit behind the scenes.) Lion King continuity, because when I watch Lion King I am enjoying that movie. I don't really care what Timon and Pumbaa were up to during the scenes that they were not in. So for me while I acknowledge Lion King 1 1/2 as cannon there is still a disconnect between the two movies for me and Lion King 1 1/2 in no way diminishes The Epic Majesty of Lion King.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Biomac » August 23rd, 2014, 4:22 am

I loved how TLK 1 1/2 shows another point of view of TLK, and still stays connected with it. Sure it could never beat TLK, but it has still great lessons, such as home is where your beloved ones are. Not to mention who got to see a little more about Simba's journey in the Hakuna Matata jungle, which the part of the movie I prefer.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby CheetahCat » August 23rd, 2014, 4:26 am

This film can go either way. On the bright side, it was nice to see a good glimpse on what happened during the time lapse with Simba, Timon and Pumbaa. Majority of the film felt more comical than anything else. Regardless, it was pretty neat to see how Simba transitions from a cub to an adult lion to take the kingdom.
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby le0 » September 4th, 2014, 11:25 pm

I would've much rather preferred if it was an advancement of the storyline instead of what it really was... :( Kinda felt like they did it for the money. But it was ok.
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 15

Postby juhouh » September 4th, 2014, 11:34 pm

I don't like it. Just a movie filled with some childish humor. Can't Let Them Feel The Love Tonight was probably the only scene I would classify as "good"
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby AbbeyRoad2014 » September 5th, 2014, 5:21 am

To put it nicely, it's...uh, ok
AbbeyRoad2014

Pride Points: 1

Postby Queen_Nala » September 13th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Good addition to tlk saga, but too much Timon and Pumba to be called Lion King movie in my mind.
Queen_Nala
Young Queen

Come cuddle with me...

Nickname(s): Nala, Little one, Young one, Young Queen, Angel
Pride Points: 2

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » October 6th, 2019, 4:23 pm

I get the whole comedy concept, since they were trying to reference Shakespeare in all "The Lion King" movies - Hamlet ("The Lion King"), Romeo and Juliet ("Simba's Pride") and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern ("The Lion King 1 1/2"). It was a worthy midquel in my book.

What we got was compelling comedy. There were funny scenes but with some endearing moments as well like when Timon and Pumbaa solidified their friendship ("Pumbaa, you're the only friend I've ever had") and when Timon and Pumbaa bowed to Simba shortly before Simba became king and Simba hugged and thanked them for helping him get to where he is. Also, wonderful backstory for Timon. I just wish Pumbaa got his backstory too. So glad Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella were still onboard for this one. Original cast forever.

The only thing that I found unnecessary was the whole movie theater thing. They could've gotten rid of the commentary angle and just let the film play out naturally. Overall, it was still wonderfully produced. Disney sidekicks don't normally get their own movie so the fact that Timon and Pumbaa were given a movie proved how special they are. I've always seen them as more than just sidekicks :)
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½