Should I watch this movie?

Re: Should I watch this movie?

Postby Adofo » February 21st, 2015, 1:17 am

Really it was because Timon and Pumbaa were so popular at the time as Disney sidekicks. I mean they got their own TV show. Which, based on their popularity back then is basically the ONLY reason they got a show and a movie.
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Sigurd » February 25th, 2015, 1:06 am

I think you should watch the movie, it's decent. And quite funny too.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Adofo » February 25th, 2015, 1:21 am

Yeah. It's a movie any TLK fan should see
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby FlipMode » March 8th, 2015, 3:37 pm

... I don't see what you'd have to lose by watching it, besides maybe an hour and a half of your time. If you don't like it, no harm done.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » March 8th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Some people need to read the whole topic lololololol
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » March 8th, 2015, 4:15 pm

FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » March 8th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Already saw it, even gave my impressions.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » March 8th, 2015, 4:41 pm

ok
FlipMode

Postby Carl » March 10th, 2015, 7:44 pm

[quote="Adofo"]But I don't even think it's canon. At least I think that's what's been said about it. I think it's only semi-canon, they said somewhere.[/quote]
As far as I know, the movie is canon. It's the Timon and Pumbaa TV series that's semi-canon.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Timon the great » March 19th, 2015, 3:10 pm

[quote="Elton John"]So i visited a neighbor early this morning, and he happened to have a copy of this on dvd. He let me borrow it. I just finished watching it.

My thoughts.

The good

The best part of the movie was the serious bits. Most notable being the scene where young simba had a bad dream and cuddles up next to timon and pumbaa. Got me all misty eyed.

The backstory behind timon and pumbaa is semi plausible.

The animation was pretty good. Not as good as the first but good for a low budget direct to video release.

Some of the comedic moments were kind of funny.

I loved the part at the end with the various disney characters.

The bad

Most of the comedy fell flat. Some of the comedic bits were really bad.

The original musical numbers were bland.

The verdict?

Could have been much better but it also could have been much worse. I think if they didn't make the movie mostly a comedy and had more heartfelt moments and a better soundtrack it would have been great.

As it stands i give it a 6/10[/quote]
6/10 is actually quite good, considering the typical responses I've seen about this film especially from the fandom. Though, I do have different views on some of the things you mentioned.

On the same side, I'm a little skeptical because I didn't see you mention the deeper scenes or moments of Timon himself like when he's dealing with his colony near the beginning, or when he's completely alone in the jungle paradise (before Rafiki comes back to him), or when he's also with Ma. Since these are some of the main highlights because of this film being foremost about Timon.

But I guess this is because of your own interest, as I can see, that you like Simba and Nala more when it comes to Lion King. Which is okay if you really do. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 1½