What do you not like about 1 1/2?

What do you not like about 1 1/2?

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 29th, 2015, 4:37 pm

I really dont like most of it, I meam its just a broken record for the first movie, it just ruins it, talk about a dissapointment all together, :eek2: this movie just was not nessicary, if this was the best they could do to make a movie comedy for Timon and Pumbaa they could have done alot better.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: What do you not like about 1 1/2?

Postby Lauren » January 30th, 2015, 7:29 am

Ohh...I can defiantly name things that I don't like about 1.5:

1. A waste of opportunity

- I really do not understand why out of all the characters from the entire trilogy, Timon and Pumbaa were chosen to be the main characters for this movie in particular. They work as comedic/minor characters, but they do not fit into the protagonist territory. If this was to be taking place before the events of TLK and SP, then I would've made it a prequel about Mufasa and Scar's childhood and how they came into terms of their positions in a monarchial family. I would love to know how Scar received his scar, how did Scar meet the hyenas, how Mufasa's relationship with his own father was like since he told Simba that he learned about the Great Kings of the Past being the stars by his father, how Mufasa met Sarabi, how did Pride Rock come into play as being a very important place for the royal family, how did the monarchial family begin, and etc. All those things would've been so much more interesting to learn about if this was a prequel.

- If they made this as the sequel to Simba's Pride, then I would've loved to see Kiara and Kovu receiving training to become the future king and queen from Simba and Nala. We never saw Simba receiving training from Mufasa since Scar killed his father, so I always wanted to see how actual training is like between the parent and child since they become next in line for the throne. If Kiara and Kovu became the next king and queen and had children, then I would've love to see how Simba and Nala are like as grandparents. It would've been so cool. As far as the conflict, I'm not sure what kind of problem they could face, but I would hope that it was effective enough for the story.

2. Too much is centered on Timon

- Like I said, Timon and Pumbaa don't work as main characters, but I don't like that Timon gets even more screentime seeing how he's one of my least favorite characters. Pumbaa doesn't receive as much emphasis as Timon does, which is quite annoying because it makes it seem like it's all about him all the time even when Pumbaa is with him. His background is not that interesting, though I think his mother is a decent character.

3. All the great moments ruined

- Sorta simliar to my problem with Timon and Pumbaa being in Simba's Pride, they do the same thing here, but they visually ruin the scenes. For example, when Simba was about to see Mufasa as a ghost in the sky, we do see his ghost form building up, but then Timon makes some ridiculous comment by saying that the weather is probably starting to act up.

4. Misleading title

- It's called The Lion King for a reason.

The ONLY things I do like in this movie are the Simba scenes since we got to see at least one scene from each stage of his growth (cub, teen, and adult). I enjoyed him beating Timon in the snail slurping contest since that was fun to watch and one of the few funny moments I found in the movie. Also, they did get most of the actors from the original to return to voice the same characters and the animation is good. That's it.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 30th, 2015, 2:04 pm

I totally agree with you and the one scene that just ruins the Circle of Life, one of the most important and proud scenes, is Pumbaas gas, I mean REALLY? The Animals all end up bowing just because it was started from Pumbaas gas was just a good way for them to make fun of it all. That was just big a disappointment, talk about a let down for fans, I Just really hope the lion guard has a more prouder show.

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Squeely » December 8th, 2015, 6:01 am

I didn't like the silhouette segments, they kinda take the viewer out of the film. I didn't like the gags involving T&P being "behind the scenes" of the original film. Some of them made no sense, like Simba went from a baby to a cub in a day? And others took away from powerful scenes. I didn't like the use of "Jungle Boogie" and "Sunrise, Sunset", as it just felt like they were throwing in the obvious songs. I didn't much care for "That's All I Need" either; it just felt kinda weak and inferior to "Warthog Rhapsody", though at least it was somewhat original.

I did like "Digga Tunnah", which made me wish the rest of the soundtrack had been as original and catchy. I did like Ma and Uncle Max. I did like the stuff with the hyenas and Simba. I don't think a movie about Timon and Pumbaa is a bad idea, and I do think it could have been good had it gone for a more serious take on the lives of both Timon and Pumbaa (I remember being disappointed the first time I saw it that we didn't get to see Pumbaa's earlier life as well). And I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it bad but... it's not that good, either.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Timon the great » December 17th, 2015, 4:28 pm

While this is my most favorite film out of the franchise, if there is something I don't like about it, it would definitely be the silhouette scenes and the fact that I really believe Timon's own storyline (since this is his own film) could've been developed more, in which it wasn't. But I also believe that if it weren't for the movie theater silhouette scenes, what I wrote above about Timon could've definitely happened on this film.

On a side note related to this topic, for someone to say that they don't like anything of this LK film is a disgrace, in my personal opinion.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 17th, 2015, 5:46 pm

they could have told Timons and Pumbaas story completely differently they didn't need to make a joke about how they where in the back round of every scene, its like say "hey what about us? we were there too!" stupid its a complete rip off to what the First TLK was really about, and the importance of it, im dont like the people who came up with the story line, its like they didnt take TLK 1 seriously or traditionally, it was a complete joke to them.

gothprincesskiara

Postby Tsuki » December 18th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Everything :lol:.

I really do not like this film.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby SimbaPrescott » December 18th, 2015, 5:01 pm

The 'we were here the whole time' coupled with the 'we caused this to happen' scenes. Honestly, a backstory with T&P would have been fine (though I honestly think that just the film title of 'Hakuna Matata' would have been much better), but not like this.

At least the TV series isn't trying to be serious. This movie, however, is (I think).
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Squeely » December 19th, 2015, 12:21 am

[quote="SimbaPrescott"]At least the TV series isn't trying to be serious. This movie, however, is (I think).[/quote]
I think it tries to be serious at times, and tries to go completely comedic at other times. And I think going completely comedic is its downfall. Whereas TLK had brief moments of comedy, a lot of the stuff in this just feels like too much; mostly, the silhouette scenes and the insertion of T&P into scenes from TLK. I find those jokes don't work very well and overstay their welcome. I know a Timon and Pumbaa film is going to have more comedy, but I still wish a better balance had been struck between the serious and the comedic.

And I do think the serious stuff works well. I like that this film gives a much greater insight into Timon's character, and wish it had done the same for Pumbaa.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » January 14th, 2016, 8:44 am

While I do not hate Lion King 1 1/2. In fact I like it for what it is a comedic take on the original. I accept it as cannon, but the best way to describe it (as my sister put it) is that it is Timon's version of the Lion King cannon. It could be argued that Timon's view of things may not be exactly how it happened. The biggest knock that I had against Lion King 1 1/2 is that It is not how I wanted to say good bye to my favorite characters. I felt The Lion King needed a serious send off. Not a Spoof. Thank God for The Lion Guard, it has made me feel much better about Lion King 1 1/2. Because now Lion King 1 1/2 is just A Lion King movie, not The Last Lion King movie.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion King 1½