If you could remake The Lion King 1 1/2...

Re: If you could remake The Lion King 1 1/2...

Postby SimbasGuard » August 29th, 2015, 7:40 am

[quote="Origibro"]A movie about Nala and what she went through I'd pay hard dosh for.[/quote]

At the risk of sharing an idea that is very similar to origibro's. I'd go this rout with the remake of Lion King 1 1/2.

Assuming that the idea of seeing Lion King from another characters point of view was kept intact. I'd do a more drama based version through Nala's eyes. I'd also like to put an end to the mystery of Who Nala's father is by expanding on Sarafina's background somewhat.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Hatari05 » August 30th, 2015, 4:36 am

That's a good idea exploring how Nala went from fun loving trouble making cub to the responsible lioness we meet. It could also show just how awfully the Pride Lived while like you said answering other questions and clearing up certain plot holes like where Zira was at the end of Lion King I. Really cool idea infinitely preferable to what we got Lion King should not be a comedy.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby GothPrinceEd » August 30th, 2015, 10:47 pm

how about the lion king 1 and 2 1/2 :crazy:
GothPrinceEd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 5

Postby Troll Berserker » October 7th, 2015, 6:33 am

These are nice ideas and I'd like to see something about lion characters too, but speaking about remake, not a na completely new movie, I'd just make it more serious. TLK 1 1/2 was a parody with run of unfunny gags about how Timon&Pumbaa were on all the important events and how they really caused them.
The only interesting bits seemed to be about Timon's past and how he get exiled and the time they spent with Simba in the jungle. I'd get rid of the gag moments and focus on Timon's past, add some of Pumbaa's past and add more scenes with yuong Simba and his uncles in the Jungle.

Or just a whole thing like Timon&Pumbaa magazine stories about Simba,Timon and Pumbaa's adventures in the jungle.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Shawry111 » October 9th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Probably been said, and I hate to sound mediocre. But it would have just been maybe more of Kovus backstory, or Scars past, (with him being The Lion Guard, although it wasn't announced back then) maybe just a Lion King II sequel about Kovu and the new kingdom. That's what I really desire from TLK anyway; Not going to happen I think.
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Squeely » December 8th, 2015, 4:19 am

I don't think a Timon and Pumbaa movie is without merit, so I'd have liked a much better one. I'd start off when Timon and Pumbaa were babies, because I had these as a kid and they were adorable:
Spoiler: show

And just have the movie be about Timon and Pumbaa's lives; the troubles Timon faced in his colony and Pumbaa in his sounder, and it would end when Timon and Pumbaa met, or perhaps ending on the "One more run won't change our lives!" line, because the audience knows that this is where they came into the original Lion King. It would be a more serious film than 1 1/2 was, with none of the awkward movie-watching, none of the awful "Timon and Pumbaa were in the background of this scene and this scene" stuff; just a straight biopic on Timon and Pumbaa. Less serious than Lion Kings 1 and 2 because let's face it, it's T&P, but not purely comedic as 1 1/2 tried to be. With perhaps some shots of T&P with cub Simba alongside the credits, and the snail-eating-contest as an after-credits scene (I like that scene). I also wouldn't call it "Lion King 1 1/2" but perhaps something like "The Tale of Timon and Pumbaa". Sounds cliche but "LK 1 1/2" is a weird title to me.

Of course, a prequel showing Mufasa and Scar's cubhood, or a sequel to SP, are things I'd rather see. But I still feel a T&P film has the chance to be good, and they definitely dropped the ball on 1 1/2.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Shawry111 » December 9th, 2015, 12:47 am

Yeah... Now that I dawn on it, I actually really don't like the movie. It is such a missed opportunity... There is always a possibility of a new film I guess. And I think that Kiara and Kovu's kids would be a great idea, hand drawn animation is the way to do it. :P
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby Tsuki » December 10th, 2015, 9:34 pm

I really disliked this movie :pissed:.

I'd completely scrap it and do a prequel either about Mufasa and Scar's (Taka's) childhood or even a spin off about how the Pridelands came to be and the first Lion King :).
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Previous

Return to The Lion King 1½