So how does He actually bring his meerkat colony to paradise

Re: So how does He actually bring his meerkat colony to para

Postby TheLionPrince » October 30th, 2015, 12:49 am

[quote="Timon the great"]Not necessarily. The expression from Ma when she says that quote suggests otherwise that she was only being half-serious about it at best from this screencap of that scene:[/quote]

I watched the animation of Ma several times before posting this, and I don't think it was implying a sense of half-seriousness at all. Given her eye focus and the way her arms are outstretched when she says the line "It's nature's design", she's looking at the nature around her as well as being submissive to the natural ways of their environment.

[quote="Timon the great"]Even Max's response right after this part, "She's right! We're food for other animals- a moveable feast. Feared by no one and eaten by all!", is still significantly comical in nature, as well. There's really nothing from both Ma's and Uncle Max's responses during this part of the film that says Timon can't do anything about their problem as complete prey at all.[/quote]

And you are intentionally leaving off Ma's response to Max's statement. She states, "But he's right, Timon! Oh, I just know there's a way for you to fit in here." Therefore, Ma agrees with his statement that leaving the colony equals being food for predators (and it may be played for comedy, but it's showing paranoia on Uncle Max's part. He's not comfortable with the idea, and it shows.), and the conversation returns back to Ma trying to find an alternate solution to Timon's idea of finding a better home for the colony.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: So how does He actually bring his meerkat colony to para

Postby Timon the great » November 29th, 2015, 8:07 am

None of what you wrote above proves otherwise about what was written in the beginning when this whole thing began, about Timon making a difference to his species / people and changing the way they live. And this part:

[quote="TheLionPrince"]And you are intentionally leaving off Ma's response to Max's statement. She states, "But he's right, Timon! Oh, I just know there's a way for you to fit in here." Therefore, Ma agrees with his statement that leaving the colony equals being food for predators (and it may be played for comedy, but it's showing paranoia on Uncle Max's part. He's not comfortable with the idea, and it shows.), and the conversation returns back to Ma trying to find an alternate solution to Timon's idea of finding a better home for the colony.[/quote]

The first sentence is a wild assumption you made. Just because I didn't include it in my last reply doesn't mean I did that on purpose. I simply don't find it saying anything else with what you had already been telling me about this part of the film.

With everything else you wrote, Ma may agree with Max. But that can simply be the fact of older family members trying to be good role models for the younger ones (Timon in this case). It's a pretty common thing I've seen in the past with my family when I was younger.

I could agree that Ma is being submissive to her surroundings in the first part of your reply (aside from the fact that it's still half-seriousness to me). But that could simply be because she's already just so comfortable with the idea of staying put and not wanting to see change as a meerkat because of this. So this is where the original plot for Timon on this film comes in, and it really shows when he proves his point to Ma in the final scene prior to him leaving his original home here. Timon really needed to do something different as a meerkat and make change for his species. And this just shows that this film isn't as "dumb" as many people in the fandom like to think.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Previous

Return to The Lion King 1½