Scar

This forum is for discussing the characters found in the movies, books, and comics. One topic per character (unless they're close like Timon & Pumbaa). No duplicate topics. This is not the place to post your own characters. Please refer to the Original Characters forum in the Fandom.

Notice: Each topic has a link to the character's article on The Lion King Wiki for further reading/reference. Please read up on these articles before posting your questions or comments - they might be answered in the wiki. Thanks!

Scar

Postby KingKivuli » October 13th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Open topic to freely talk about Scar :evil:
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Scar

Postby Taka1995 » September 16th, 2014, 1:52 pm

Who made his scar? His father Ahadi or the wild buffalo Boma, as written in Lion King books?
VjačkaLenyuska :oops:
Taka1995
Life isn't fair,is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pridelands' most beautiful Lioness :)

Nickname(s): VjačkaPrincess, Lenjuska
Pride Points: 2

Postby LordOfBeefDip » January 5th, 2015, 7:07 pm

[quote="Taka1995"]Who made his scar? His father Ahadi or the wild buffalo Boma, as written in Lion King books?[/quote]

Truth is, we will probably never know. Could have been neither for all we know. It could have even been Mufasa. That I doubt of course, but it is a possibility.

Truthfully I wish we had a better backstory for him. To show what made him the way he is today. The way his brother and Zazu treated him were a bit condescending after all. And if his line in "Be Prepared' is to be taken at face value, he either was dealt a great injustice, or at least he thinks so.

There was also a change in him from when we first saw him to later. At first, while he seemed to show a disinterest in his family and a lot of jealousy, he didn't seem outright murderous. Almost resigned to his fate.
Only after the fact does he seem to want to actually kill his brother and nephew, and even that seems to go in steps, not all at once at first.

I do wonder too if their was a slight bit of repressed guilt for what he did. We never got much on how he was or what he thought. He did seem a lot more unhinged at the end of the movie though, and mostly could be attributed to the Pridelands going to hell, except he seemed largely apathetic to that. So I have postulated that maybe in the back of his mind he did feel guilt, perhaps not regret, but at least something. He also forbade the his brother from being mentioned. Yes it was probably more due to unfavorable comparisons to Mufasa, though that is another thing. If he bans the mention, it would be easy to pretend Mufasa never existed in the first place. Easy to pretend that he never had to kill him to get what he thought he deserved. Thus avoiding any need to feel anything.

Of course he still manipulates Simba, but that makes sense. He isn't going to admit anything, even to himself if he did feel that way. It was likely subconscious if he felt guilt at all, meaning he would be largely unaware of it. I attribute his reaction and treatment of Simba as him not wanting to give up power, power that he went through a lot of things to claim. Simba looking like Mufasa wouldn't help either, and I do think he would like to erase any thing left of his dead brother. Both for his dwindling sanity and to keep himself as king.

He also still probably hated Simba, and still wanted him to suffer for taking what he thought to be his birthright away from him.
LordOfBeefDip

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby The Hyena King » May 7th, 2015, 12:11 am

As my name says, Scar is bae. Jeremy Irons did a fantastic job. Plus, do you agree with me that The lion king is the best disney movie?
The Hyena King

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Adofo » May 19th, 2015, 5:12 am

[quote="ScarIsBae"]As my name says, Scar is bae. Jeremy Irons did a fantastic job. Plus, do you agree with me that The lion king is the best disney movie?[/quote]

No doubt it is the best movie ever!

Also, I think Scar is by far the best Disney villain ever! I mean, he coldly kills his big brother, tries to have his hyenas eat his nephew, he commands the hyenas with little to no opposition(until he betrays them, of course.). Who else in the Disney universe is more cruel and cold-hearted and just downright evil as Scar?!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Todd23 » June 27th, 2015, 10:46 pm

[quote="Adofo"][quote="ScarIsBae"]As my name says, Scar is bae. Jeremy Irons did a fantastic job. Plus, do you agree with me that The lion king is the best disney movie?[/quote]

No doubt it is the best movie ever!

Also, I think Scar is by far the best Disney villain ever! I mean, he coldly kills his big brother, tries to have his hyenas eat his nephew, he commands the hyenas with little to no opposition(until he betrays them, of course.). Who else in the Disney universe is more cruel and cold-hearted and just downright evil as Scar?![/quote]

I too like Scar as a villain. Despite his faults (i.e. he's lazy, cowardly, and immature), I like how he psychologically manipulates the other characters to get what he wants. I especially like how he tries to use Simba's love of his father to his advantage.
Todd23

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Return to Characters