Ma

This forum is for discussing the characters found in the movies, books, and comics. One topic per character (unless they're close like Timon & Pumbaa). No duplicate topics. This is not the place to post your own characters. Please refer to the Original Characters forum in the Fandom.

Notice: Each topic has a link to the character's article on The Lion King Wiki for further reading/reference. Please read up on these articles before posting your questions or comments - they might be answered in the wiki. Thanks!

Ma

Postby KingKivuli » October 13th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Open topic to freely talk about Ma :smile5:
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Ma

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 29th, 2013, 3:33 pm

She seems nice, but isn't my favorite.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby ScarLoyal » April 12th, 2014, 4:12 am

She's voiced by Marge Simpson. :P
But anyway, she's so funny and sweet! :)
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby Timon8 » June 15th, 2014, 7:53 pm

I'm wondering: what's her real name?
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby Timon the great » June 16th, 2014, 7:00 am

^As far as I've researched and know, she doesn't have a "formal" name. "Ma" is simply a slang name for someone's mother or "Mom", which the LK 1.5 creators also referred to her in the production notes.

It seems that the influence for this character's name may have come from Nathan Lane, since being Timon's film voice actor and this is this meerkat's mother being talked about. I've noticed many Brooklyn type people on TV refer to their own mother as that: "Ma". So it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is the case.

But it doesn't bother me at all. I'm used to calling Ma by this official name for her since there isn't any other LK character that has that name or is called by that by another character in the franchise.

Though, I've seen in some fan fics where people give her other names like "Honey" or "Maha". But those are names that those authors merely came up with for Timon's mother in their works.

Spoiler: show
On a side note, I like that Lane has referred to Timon as something about a "New York meerkat" before (it was either from TLK 1 or 1 1/2 media if I remember correctly), because of his voice that he gives to Timon on the films.Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Timon8 » June 16th, 2014, 7:05 am

Great! Thanks for the response :idea:
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » June 27th, 2014, 11:16 pm

[quote="Timon8"]I'm wondering: what's her real name?[/quote]
I have an idea, but it's a personal idea. I believe her name may be:
Madaha- African for 'Compasion'.
Maha- African for 'Lovely eyes'

Those are just my personal ideas.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Return to Characters