Kion

Kion

Postby Kopalover » June 15th, 2014, 3:58 pm

I feel like we need to add Kion to our list of Lion King characters.

After all, he will be canon soon enough!

A post to freely talk about Kion!

Kion is the newest addition to our Lion King character family. He will be Simba and Nala's young son, and Kiara's younger brother. He will be the main character in The Lion Guard! A series for preschoolers.
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Re: Kion

Postby ScarLoyal » July 8th, 2014, 4:54 am

I'm glad that Kion will be 'defying tradition' instead of becoming Simba's heir. :D
It's much more original and a neat idea, i wonder who will voice him?
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » July 13th, 2014, 8:23 am

[quote="ScarLoyal"]I'm glad that Kion will be 'defying tradition' instead of becoming Simba's heir. :D
It's much more original and a neat idea, i wonder who will voice him?[/quote]

I very much like the idea that Simba And Nala have another cub, as for who will voice him. I wonder if Disney will cast an actor from one of their current shows or hire someone that has not yet worked for Disney. I don't expect a big name actor to be cast though.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on September 2nd, 2014, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Carl » July 13th, 2014, 9:50 am

Yes, I doubt his voice actor will be anyone well-known. Those sorts are often too busy for something like this. As for the character himself... I'm interested to see what Disney does with him, and how he compares personality-wise with Simba and Kiara.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Lauren » July 13th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Since Simba and Kiara's father-daughter relationship was focused a lot in Simba's Pride, I would like to see Kion have a strong mother-son relationship with Nala just like they did.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » July 13th, 2014, 10:39 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]As for the character himself... I'm interested to see what Disney does with him, and how he compares personality-wise with Simba and Kiara.[/quote]

I am extraordinarily excited to see what Kion is like and what Disney has in store for him. I just have to keep reminding myself that since Kion is a character that is intended for a preschool audience. I can't really expect too much depth of character from him. Although if the character is popular enough, Disney may decide to expand on him beyond The Lion Guard. However I know that is mostly wishful thinking on my part.

[quote="Lauren"]Since Simba and Kiara's father-daughter relationship was focused a lot in Simba's Pride, I would like to see Kion have a strong mother-son relationship with Nala just like they did.[/quote]

That would be very neat to see and totally possible in a preschool show setting. It will also be interesting to see siblings that don't hate each other as I'm sure Kion will have a great relationship with Kiara as well.

SimbasGuard

Postby Elton John » October 29th, 2014, 10:29 am

I think he looks real cute. As for the show itself, i'm kind of anticipating it and fairly optimistic about it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby PrincessKiara » March 16th, 2015, 11:27 pm

I look very much forward to seeing Kion in action - and I wholeheartedly agree with Lauren, it would be amazing to see a close mother-son relationship between Nala and Kion.
I hope we get to see sibling interaction with Kion and Kiara too, and of course I`m very curious to see what kind of person Kion is... I just hope he`s not a Simba clone.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbasGuard » March 17th, 2015, 12:44 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I`m very curious to see what kind of person Kion is... I just hope he`s not a Simba clone.[/quote]

I think there is a good chance that Kion will be more intelligent than Simba was at his age (Thank You Nala) That would be a good way of showing what Kion inherited from Nala, because visually the only Parent I see traits from in Kion is Simba.

SimbasGuard

Postby Lauren » March 17th, 2015, 1:04 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"] I look very much forward to seeing Kion in action - and I wholeheartedly agree with Lauren, it would be amazing to see a close mother-son relationship between Nala and Kion.[/quote]
There aren't a lot of mother-son relationships in Disney. The only ones that come to my mind are seen in Dumbo, Treasure Planet, Bambi, and Tarzan. Hopefully, Nala and Kion's relationship will be added to the list if they have one in the show. :)
Lauren

Next

Return to The Lion Guard