Mheetu

This forum is for discussing the characters found in the movies, books, and comics. One topic per character (unless they're close like Timon & Pumbaa). No duplicate topics. This is not the place to post your own characters. Please refer to the Original Characters forum in the Fandom.

Notice: Each topic has a link to the character's article on The Lion King Wiki for further reading/reference. Please read up on these articles before posting your questions or comments - they might be answered in the wiki. Thanks!

Mheetu

Postby Kitani-Doka » July 7th, 2015, 4:25 pm

How old do you think Mheetu is?

Do you ever have him the same age as Nuka? Kopa? Or even all three the same age?

I usually consider Mheetu to be Nala's twin (born second so he's still the "younger brother"), and Kopa to be Kiara's twin (born first).

I think Mheetu, Nuka and Kopa all being the same age would be interesting, though.
//~\\Kitani-Doka//~\\
Kitani-Doka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Mheetu

Postby Iberian » July 8th, 2015, 10:26 am

Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby zerodix » September 2nd, 2015, 12:37 pm

I Always believed that picture is early concept art of simba, he was supposed to be white right? later they decided to change his colour due to similaritiees with emperor Leo/Kimba white lion. at least, that is what i read and heard, but I can be wrong.
Fans say he is the tag along little brother of Nala. he was written out of the show, I wonder why. He would have made cute plushies!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby HereWeStand » September 11th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Honestly, even if he had no real purpose to the film, I wouldn't really mind having another cub around too much. He looks adorable in the concept art and having another cubby follow Simba and Nala around could bring out some interesting interactions.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Troll Berserker » October 26th, 2015, 12:07 pm

[quote="zerodix"]I Always believed that picture is early concept art of simba, he was supposed to be white right? later they decided to change his colour due to similaritiees with emperor Leo/Kimba white lion.[/quote]
According to the artist, it was a concept of Mhetu, but then was given to Simba after Mheetu was dumped
And to anyone who think Mheetu is pale/white, the concept is uncolored, and and if you base his design on this one concept, remember that this one comes from the time Scar looked like this - http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lio ... 1023055306
His other concept make him more brown/orange:
Attachments
MheetuBhati.png
MheetuBhati.png (242.32 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby DGFone » October 30th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Mheetu had a role in the original scripts as being the bait to kill off Simba. Back then, Simba was supposed to be already a young adult when Scar got around to kicking him off the line to the throne. The stampede was planned to happen, but with Mheetu being caught in it, and Simba having to go and rescue him (which I believe the concept had him succeed in). I know that there is a black and white sketch of Simba holding Mheetu after escaping the stampede, but for some reason I can't find it. If I will stumble into it, I will add it to this post.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheLionPrince » October 31st, 2015, 2:58 am

Actually, Mufasa would rescue both Simba and Mheetu according to this slide from the Laserdisc.

TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Squeely » December 22nd, 2015, 2:37 am

I wish Mheetu had been included. I don't care if he didn't have much of a purpose in the story, he just seems like he'd have been so dang cute!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Amadi_the_Guard » December 22nd, 2015, 7:27 pm

I agree. Mheetu would have been a fun character, and I personally believe it's a shame they excluded him.
:sad:
I know he was never supposed to play a big role, but if nothing, he could be useful for developing Nala's character. In early scripts it's said she protected Mheetu from the hyenas during Scar's reign, and that sounds just like Nala to me: brave, clever and responsible.
:P
I believe he might have been something akin to Michael or Danny from Peter Pan... just slightly younger then Nala and Simba.

Speaking of which, I wonder if this little one could be Mheetu by some odd chances. It does seem a bit peculiar that whoever was illustrating the comic just decided to throw in a random baby lion. Then again, we don't even know it's Sarafina for certain.
Amadi_the_Guard

Pride Points: 8

Postby Iberian » December 24th, 2015, 1:27 am

Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Return to Characters