Jim Cummings

Jim Cummings

Postby FlipMode » March 15th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Because he's the man and does not have his own thread. So Jim Cummings was pretty involved in TLK and TLK 2, he voiced several characters in the first film including the gopher, he also voiced Ed and sang the latter part of "Be Prepared" as Scar. Jeremy Irons damaged his vocals doing the "YOU WON'T GET A SNIFF WITHOUT ME!" part and Jim Cummings sang the remainder of the song and did a fantastic job, I didn't even notice the voice change until he mentioned it during an interview.

He also voiced Scar in TLK2 during the nightmare scene and Ed again in TLK3 and wrote Pumbaa's verse of "Hakuna Matatta" Originally the lyrics were actually Pumbaa talking about how he had a difficult past and that Simba should stop complaining but the lyrics were not finalized at the time (obviously) and Cummings wrote the fart verse because he thought the verse needed to fit the style of the rest of the song more.

So yeah, pretty epic man. Aside from TLK you'll hear his voice in many other animations and video games too, he even narrates Reflections of Earth at Epcot in WDW, too.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Jim Cummings

Postby TheLionPrince » April 2nd, 2015, 12:44 am

Jim Cummings is definitely amazing with his vocal range, and it's interesting to learn how much creative input he inserted into the film. As for writing the fart verse, that is amazing he wrote that because of how funny the lyrics are. It kind of makes sense that Elton John and Tim Rice hadn't finished the final version of "Hakuna Matata", since Elton felt he reached a low point in his career when he said, "I sat there with a line of lyrics that began, 'When I was a young warthog', and I thought, 'Has it come to this?'" (The statement doesn't state he wrote the lyrics, but he was ashamed of it.) However, he is taking too much credit for his role in "Be Prepared" because in the video, he claims he did all of the singing as Jeremy Irons never sung the line "Be Prepared" during the song. I beg to disagree since the first half of the song is clearly sung by Irons, and Cummings takes over after "You won't get a sniff without me!"
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to Beyond The Lion King