17%
I'd love to!
14%
Not really interested.
11%

Total votes : 35

Have you seen it? What did you think?

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 9th, 2013, 5:48 pm

I went to see it on stage in London for my 13th birthday, and I absolutely adored it. I've still got the plastic bag which held my merchandise xD The show was a masterpiece, much like the film, and I've been obsessed with the soundtrack ever since. It's definitely worth seeing it <3
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Re: Have you seen it? What did you think?

Postby juhouh » November 9th, 2013, 5:50 pm

Never seen it... and I don't have a chance for it but I wish I could

It looks amazing what I've seen from YouTube and probably even better when you're there by yourself
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Sarafina_ » November 10th, 2013, 12:25 am

I'd really love to see it! I hope that someday I'll go to London and see it... I've been listening to Original Broadway Cast soundtrack, and I just love it.
We are the kings of the night-time remedy...
Sarafina_
Rock n' Roll!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It doesn't matter, it's in the past

Pride Points: 2

Postby Adofo » November 10th, 2013, 3:10 am

I went and saw it last month. I was in the very back(literally the last row) but I saw everything and it all was just amazing, I'll probably make it a regular thing to go every year I love it so much! The only weird thing is Rafiki's a chick, but she did an amazing job! And personally I wouldn't change her out for a guy EVER! She was pretty funny too! XD
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Meskhenet » November 11th, 2013, 12:20 am

Unfortunately no I haven't seen it, but I do plan to in the future. I've seen bits and pieces of it on YouTube and it inspires me to see it more. I plan on seeing the Original and South African cast. :D
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby HasiraKali » November 11th, 2013, 3:25 am

I have seen the show 20 times so far. I think it's coming back to my down next year and I will definitely be there a few times. It gets me every time and it's fun to see the show with different performers and the occasional change. I don't regret a dollar I've spent on this show.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Adofo » November 11th, 2013, 3:49 am

You and me both HasiraKali!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby nathalie » November 11th, 2013, 10:02 am

[quote="HasiraKali"]I have seen the show 20 times so far. I think it's coming back to my down next year and I will definitely be there a few times. It gets me every time and it's fun to see the show with different performers and the occasional change. I don't regret a dollar I've spent on this show.[/quote]

Pray for beginning of December, haha!

I've seen it twice in London (2006 - 2012).
I never bothered to go see it in The Netherlands, since that would made more sense for me, but I hated the translations and refused to pay for that.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby DGFone » November 12th, 2013, 1:17 am

I have only seen it once, but let me tell you: it's more than just awesome, it's *** glorious! :P

Ironically enough, my sister had a class in college that required her to see a theatrical production, and she saw that during the assignment window, TLKoB was playing over at San Francisco (which was only about an hour from where we lived), and so we knew right away what we, okay... what I wanted to see. She had to see it for school, I saw it because I am a TLK nut, and therefore I think I enjoyed it more, but she did not regret seeing it either.

The only problem I see with TLKoB is that A) It hardly ever plays on the West Coast near enough for me, but the bigger issue is that while The Lion King is All You Can Watch for one $30 Blu Ray, TLKoB is $250 / viewing, and unfortunately I don't have the kind of money lying around for me to be able to see it more than once.

A very great show, and I am very glad that I saw it. I just will never be able to see it 20 times like some other members here on MLK. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby OuRaion » November 12th, 2013, 7:30 am

I haven't seen it, but I do have tickets for next January. I really can't wait for it, from what you've all said it sounds amazing!
OuRaion

Pride Points: 60

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King