Favorite Original Cast Soundtrack

What is your favorite musical soundtrack?

The Original Broadway Cast Recording
57%
The South African Live Cast Recording
14%
The Original German Cast Recording
No votes
The Original Dutch Cast Recording
No votes
The Original French Cast Recording
14%
The Mexican Cast Recording
No votes
The Original Japanese Cast Recording
14%
The Original Spanish Cast Recording
No votes

Total votes : 7

Favorite Original Cast Soundtrack

Postby Meskhenet » November 15th, 2013, 2:54 am

The Lion King Musical has been performed in other countries besides America and therefore the soundtrack has been released in other languages besides English.

So let me ask you? What is your favorite language regarding the music pertaining to the music of the broadway show?

Personally I love the South African and French Original cast that are my favorite. The South African Cast soundtrack offers some dialogue and the music seems more urban, and the French cast makes everything sound so surrean especially in the song Can You Feel The Love Tonight?

Channels that have the songs in the languages mentioned in poll: show
Last edited by Meskhenet on September 21st, 2015, 9:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Re: Favorite Original Cast Soundtrack

Postby nathalie » November 15th, 2013, 11:02 am

Not sure why you put German/Dutch together, as they are way different :P

I have every CD there is, and my favorite is the French version.
Was even supposed to go and see the French musical back in 2008, but my plans got changed.

For some reason I just think the sound in total is just much better on the French recordings, when listening to the voices & choir backings.
I just love "He lives in you (reprise)" in French.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby juhouh » November 15th, 2013, 11:14 am

I'll go with it The Original Broadway Cast since it's in the only language of those which I can understand. South African cast would be great as well
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby DGFone » November 16th, 2013, 8:30 am

Original cast recording all the way!

I think I also prefer that version because the one time I saw TLKoB, it was the special 15th anniversary when the actual Broadway cast went over to San Francisco to perform there. Sure, some of the actors were different, but a vast majority were exactly as I heard when I listened to the songs before!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Meskhenet » November 16th, 2013, 3:26 pm

[quote="nathalie"]Not sure why you put German/Dutch together, as they are way different :P

Was even supposed to go and see the French musical back in 2008, but my plans got changed.

For some reason I just think the sound in total is just much better on the French recordings, when listening to the voices & choir backings.
I just love "He lives in you (reprise)" in French.[/quote]

I didn't realize they were two different soundtracks. They both sound the same to me. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix the poll if I can.
Meskhenet

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lapetitesirene95 » November 18th, 2013, 5:50 am

Definitely Spanish and French :P , I wish the English was as good as those 2, they need to make a re-recording! But I can understand them both too since I speak Spanish and am learning French :) .. btw, why isn't Japanese a choice ?
Remember who you are
Lapetitesirene95

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): ♡Alana Del Rey♡
Pride Points: 2

Postby nathalie » November 18th, 2013, 6:08 pm

[quote="Zulama"][quote="nathalie"]Not sure why you put German/Dutch together, as they are way different :P

I just love "He lives in you (reprise)" in French.[/quote]

I didn't realize they were two different soundtracks. They both sound the same to me. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix the poll if I can.[/quote]

Oooh, it is not the same ;)

German = Germany
Dutch = The Netherlands

Those are 2 seperate countries ;) might sound a bit the same though, I'm from Belgium, so speak Dutch, and I have some German in my dialect.

@ Lapetitesirene95: Ugh, I knew one was missing, lol, I was counting the poll options, and was thinking to myself: I have more CD's then that ??
I couldn't figure it out Japanese was missing, lol.

@ juhouh: Not sure if I understand your comment about the South African cast completely, but just in case, the show in South Africa was in English, so the CD is in English (live recording also).
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Pride Points: 8

Postby Meskhenet » November 19th, 2013, 1:45 am

[quote="Lapetitesirene95"]Definitely Spanish and French :P , I wish the English was as good as those 2, they need to make a re-recording! But I can understand them both too since I speak Spanish and am learning French :) .. btw, why isn't Japanese a choice ?[/quote]

I knew I was missing one, but I couldn't point it out. :P Thanks for jolting my memory. I'll make the option available in the polls. :D :understanding:

[quote="nathalie"]Oooh, it is not the same ;)

German = Germany
Dutch = The Netherlands

Those are 2 seperate countries ;) might sound a bit the same though, I'm from Belgium, so speak Dutch, and I have some German in my dialect.[/quote]

Ooohhh okay thanks for clarifying that. :cutenala: :happy2:
Meskhenet

Postby HasiraKali » November 20th, 2013, 12:15 am

I like all of them for different reasons, but my very favorite overall is the South African Cast. I also really like the Spanish cast as well. Carlos Rivera is a beast. That definitely one of my favorite versions of Endless Night.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby cleargreenwater » November 20th, 2013, 1:19 am

I voted the Broadway Cast recording, because that's the only one I've ever listened too :lol: I'm awful with other languages and have zero aptitude with learning them, I think I'm far too preoccupied with using/crafting American English to have any extra language-space.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King