What's it like?

What's it like?

Postby KiarasBiggestFan » January 23rd, 2014, 9:35 pm

My currently saving my money for something else ((To see The Little mermaid at a dinner theater)), but I was thinking after that I could save money for this ((Not The New York one though.)) How good is it? It's expensive I know. What I've seen of it I like.
KiarasBiggestFan
I am the ninja

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 3

Re: What's it like?

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 26th, 2014, 6:43 pm

It was so amazing! The staff were nice, the actors and actresses were amazing, and it emotionally touched your heart.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » June 13th, 2014, 5:41 pm

I've seen it on the West End, probably not much different from Broadway. It was probably one of the highlights of my life, seeing it again in December. Definitely worth going too.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby DGFone » June 17th, 2014, 5:41 am

It's quite on the expensive side, I admit. (I think the tickets for the SF show I've been to - with the Broadway cast - cost around $200 or so-ish.) But it's also worth every penny. I'd save up for it and go to see that one rather than The Little Mermaid.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby KingCub » June 18th, 2014, 7:29 am

It really is worth the money (I saw the Broadway version, so it was a bit more) The staff was amazing, even before the show itself. And of course, the show was downright amazing. Better then anything I could have ever expected. So honestly, save up for TLK, TLM can wait :)
You are what you love, not who loves you.
Thanks Regulus for the lovely siggy!
Other Things~
Spoiler: show

Thank you Kib and SimbasMate!

Photography | Ask Me Stuff | Facebook | My Computer
KingCub

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KC, Ty
Pride Points: 28

Postby TwilightClover » January 4th, 2015, 8:59 pm

I went to watch it when I was 15 I think I was, and it was very good :) :)
TwilightClover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 3

Postby Tsuki » January 27th, 2015, 3:14 pm

I went to see the London version a few days ago for my Birthday. IT WAS AMAZING!!! We had brilliant seats in the stall right next to an aisle (Or whatever it's called). At the beginning we had people dressed as rhinos and birds walk down to the stage right next to us, Hyenas during Be Prepared (which made me jump), more birds after the interval and cub simba when he runs away. I highly recommend a stall seat if you can :).

This version is different from the one I saw in NYC as they didn't play "Morning Report" and "The Madness of King Scar" seemed to be cut up a bit. BUT it was brilliant. LOVED Shadowland and Endless Night <3. I had goosebumps all the way through though :). Rafiki was fantastic as was Zazu. Seriously if you ever get a chance to see it go!
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Tsuki » January 27th, 2015, 8:03 pm

Sorry for the double post but here are some quick photos I managed to take.

image.jpg
Tickets

image(2).jpg
Outside the theatre

image(1).jpg
The stage
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Pride Points: 88

Postby Lauren » January 31st, 2015, 1:56 am

Three days after my 15th birthday, I got to see the Broadway show in New York City, since I actually do live in New York myself. I went with my mom to go see it and it was probably one of the best experiences I ever had in my life so far. Everything about it was incredible from beginning to end and I could't take my eyes off the stage. The whole stage design was well done as well as the costumes and set pieces. One of my favorite scenes was when Mufasa talked with Simba at night about the Great Kings of the Past and "They Live In You" starts. It's like "He Lives In You" from Simba's Pride, but some of the lyrics are different. Another favorite scene was the final showdown between Simba and Scar. The lighting made the scene much more effective and intense with all the reds, oranges, and blacks. :)

"Shadowland" and "Endless Night" were incredible. <3

I saved my ticket, Broadway T-Shirt, the Playbill, and the bottle I drank from. :)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Adofo » February 21st, 2015, 1:37 am

It was amazing! I saw it about 2 years ago and I was literally, in the back row(waited too long for a ticket. *facepalm* But I could still see it all and what I saw, I loved! It was amazing! Next time they are back in town, which will probably be either this year or next year, I'm going back! And this time, FRONT ROW, BABY!
Whether man or animal, everything is connected in the great circle of life, so we are all one!
Youtube Channel | My Game List | DeviantArt
Video Game Usernames: show
If you add me on any of these, PM me on MLK first so I know who you are. If you don't, I will delete it.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King