TLK Becomes History's Top-Grossing Entertainment Title

TLK Becomes History's Top-Grossing Entertainment Title

Postby TheLionPrince » September 25th, 2014, 2:02 am

Good news, gang! The Associated Press reported earlier this week that The Lion King stage musical productions all around the globe has grossed over $6.2 billion worldwide becoming the most successful box office total of any work in any media in entertainment history, not including the total lifetime box office grossing of the first film and sales of home video releases, merchandise, albums, and etc. But, don't let me spoil the fun of reading the article: 'The Lion King' earns record box office

Other articles:
The Hollywood Reporter: Disney's 'The Lion King' Becomes History's Top-Grossing Entertainment Title
Time: The Lion King Musical Is Now the Highest-Grossing Box Office Draw Ever
Variety: Broadway’s ‘The Lion King’ Becomes Top Grossing Title of All Time
Business Insider: Lion King is best-selling production of all time
Chicago Tribune: 'Lion King' musical is top-grossing production of all time: Disney
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: TLK Becomes History's Top-Grossing Entertainment Title

Postby SimbasGuard » September 26th, 2014, 5:54 am

Wow That is awesome, I've never seen the Stage Show (and looking at those ticket prices I never will :lol: ), but this is has got to be the best Lion King news I have ever read. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby it means no worries » September 27th, 2014, 12:42 am

That''s awesome!
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby SimbasGuard » September 30th, 2014, 6:54 am

Yeah now when I say "Lion King Rules." It's a fact. Not just my opinion. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby it means no worries » September 30th, 2014, 9:00 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Yeah now when I say "Lion King Rules." It's a fact. Not just my opinion. 8-)[/quote]

haha, good one!
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby DGFone » September 30th, 2014, 8:09 pm

Wait, so The Lion King, a very excellent movie, is even topping the charts off bad media like the new Call of Duties?

I HAVE FAITH IN HUMANITY AGAIN! :D
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby MooLion » October 4th, 2014, 11:39 am

Nice one. 8-) Good ol' TLK.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Gaze » October 7th, 2014, 7:56 pm

wow! this is excellent to hear!
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby FlipMode » October 16th, 2014, 12:29 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Wait, so The Lion King, a very excellent movie, is even topping the charts off bad media like the new Call of Duties?

I HAVE FAITH IN HUMANITY AGAIN! :D[/quote]

...I don't. lol
Not to put a downer on it but the musical has grossed more than any other title sure, but it's been selling for almost seventeen years and COD only sells for a year and still grosses almost half as much each time so is not so impressive ;)

That's still pretty cool though, when you think about it, the fact it has grossed more in sales than Phantom Of The Opera and Cats and other classic musicals is in itself impressive.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » October 29th, 2014, 5:42 pm

TLK never fails to disappoint aha. This doesn't surprise me though, the stage show is very impressive. I'm seeing it for the second time in December this year <3
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Return to Beyond The Lion King