It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby DGFone » March 19th, 2017, 11:40 pm

Well, if we are to go by the remakes that came out - I am not going to get myself too excited over the TLK remake. Let's be honest: in both The Jungle Book, and Beauty and the Beast, the songs were not a strong suit. Considering that the songs and music is one of the, if not the, biggest reasons why I got into The Lion King in the first place, I am going to withhold judgment for now.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » March 20th, 2017, 6:30 pm

The most important thing about the remake - simba needs his marvelous mane parting. You can't do a tlk remake and have the star looking drab, he must be fab!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 20th, 2017, 6:38 pm

[quote="Elton John"]The most important thing about the remake - simba needs his marvelous mane parting. You can't do a tlk remake and have the star looking drab, he must be fab![/quote]

ok dont get your expectations high, look at beauty and the beast, they followed 80% of the story like but they didnt make the beast look exactly as he is in the movie
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » March 20th, 2017, 7:40 pm

Dahling, Simba is the main event, and the main event needs a mane that is stylish, something that makes him looks exceptionally pretty, because he is the most purr-fect kitty!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Sushi » March 20th, 2017, 8:39 pm

[quote="Nilla"]Thanks for the link! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Also, has anyone seen the Beauty and the Beast remake? This obviously isn't a discussion thread for that, but I think recent remakes are a good indication of the type of quality we'll get for The Lion King. I really liked Beauty and the Beast, and thought the new stuff they added were nice additions.[/quote]

Ive heard one person say its absolutely amazing but she is the only 1 person I've ever heard comment from.
Ive seen a clip and i wasn't that impressed from that. (not a fair judgment from the 10 seconds I've seen) It was part of the "Gaston My what a guy" song (no idea on the proper song name) but maybe its me but it felt wrong. The other bit was Mrs Potts and it kinda looked a bit Annoying orange to me......
Will give it a fairer watch but I'm not going to the cinema I don't think.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 21st, 2017, 6:28 am

Understand EJ that not everyone thinks that simba is hot
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » March 21st, 2017, 8:26 am

I didn't say that.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Aelwen » March 23rd, 2017, 5:55 pm

I imagine "real" mufasa looking something like that.

https://www.123rf.com/photo_715197_a-ma ... frica.html

Simba maybe like that.

https://www.shutterstock.com/ru/image-p ... on-9912007
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Nilla » March 24th, 2017, 3:11 am

[quote="Sushi"]Ive heard one person say its absolutely amazing but she is the only 1 person I've ever heard comment from.
Ive seen a clip and i wasn't that impressed from that. (not a fair judgment from the 10 seconds I've seen) It was part of the "Gaston My what a guy" song (no idea on the proper song name) but maybe its me but it felt wrong. The other bit was Mrs Potts and it kinda looked a bit Annoying orange to me......
Will give it a fairer watch but I'm not going to the cinema I don't think.[/quote]

That song was actually my favorite in the movie lol. I get what you mean by annoying orange though, eeek. I wasnt sold on the designs of the objects when i saw the commercials/merch, but I thought they worked in the context of the movie.
The originals of Beauty and the Beast and Jungle book were never THAT important to me, so I never felt like they had something big to live up to, and I was pleasently surprised by both of them. I'll probably be far more critical with The Lion King though. If it's not absolutely perfect I'll notice
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Kallo » March 27th, 2017, 8:25 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Dahling, Simba is the main event, and the main event needs a mane that is stylish, something that makes him looks exceptionally pretty, because he is the most purr-fect kitty![/quote]

Don't you mean "the mane event"? 8-)

No, I am not sorry.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)