Did you see the play yet?

Re: Did you see the play yet?

Postby KiovuLove » June 19th, 2015, 3:26 am

I havent seen it and I really want to. Just havent had the time or money I guess :hmm4:
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby LittleRolox3 » July 1st, 2015, 9:51 pm

Seen it once when it came to Edinburgh for the first time in 2013
would love to go again but who knows when it will be back here!
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby NaiaRulez » July 5th, 2015, 11:53 am

Although I was in the play as Young Nala in the original Spanish production 2 years ago, I'm going to see the play this summer to remember the old times :supergrin:
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby Daktari » April 8th, 2016, 1:54 pm

Me and my boyfriend are going to London to visit my best friend who currently lives there. He told me yesterday that my birthday present will be us going to the London musical The Lion King!! I'm SO HAPPY because I've wanted to see this musical for so many years now! :D :kiaraexcited: :ha: :cheese:
Anything is possible, if you are determined to do it. Image
Daktari

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Lionkingview » October 26th, 2016, 11:25 am

I saw it last year in london
In my opinion this stage adaptation was quite an accomplishment.
They managed to work around limitations really well. The scene that i remember most vividly was the stampede.
The characters differed ever so slighty from the movie. For example (in my opinion)Simba was a bit more flamboyant, nala a bit more bad -a55 and scar was a lot more agressive.
So yeah , i really enjoyed it. If i have the time and resources i'm gonna go to hamburg next year and catch the german version there.

ImageImage
But in the end, the human soul
will ever reach for the truth
-Samus Aran-
Lionkingview
I go my own way

Pride Points: 6

Postby Rollo » October 26th, 2016, 9:12 pm

I've seen it twice now. My first time was in London in 2010 when I was briefly visiting the city with my mother. We sat in the Grand Circle and I honestly don't remember much about it, unfortunately. I'm not sure if I was too young to appreciate it for what it is (I doubt it, since I've always adored TLK), or perhaps the seats weren't too great, but my most vivid memory is of the people sitting next to us constantly having to get past to get out of the theatre for something :? :lol: I would've loved for my first time to have been more memorable. Seeing TLK in the IMAX in 2003 was more memorable for me, lol.

I saw it for a second time when the tour came to Edinburgh in October of 2013 with both parents. It was the third year anniversary a few days ago, actually. This was a much, much better experience. We sat in the Stalls, about eight rows from the stage, which is honestly how you should see TLK should you be fortunate enough to get those seats. We were able to enjoy the Circle of Life scene, with the animals coming down the aisles, in all its glory. It was a wonderful performance and a great night. I was so surprised by how professional the tour version looked. I had seen plenty of shows in that particular theatre and didn't believe they'd be able to include some of the effects, like Pride Rock rising out of the stage floor. I was so shocked when literally every detail felt identical to how it did in the Lyceum.

I'd love to see it for a third time. I'm definitely going to make sure I see it the next time I go to London. In fact, it might be the reason why I even go back to London in the first place.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby zerodix » November 3rd, 2016, 8:43 am

Guys! I am going, nov the 8th! Here in Holland I go, with my family! I can sing along all the songs in Dutch and English, I've had the cd of the musical since 2004, with a lot of memories clinging on it, and for me it will be THE day of this year! I will take pics!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King